Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C8 wheels/tires stolen

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Sounds like a solid business model
    It worked. They actually got into the habit of stealing from dealership lots. Roll up with a box van and fill 'er up.

They broke them down and sold the wheels on eBay as "new take offs" and sold the tires used on Craigslist. Apparently some people do write down serial numbers on tires.

What got them caught was registration on something. I forget how the rest of the story went but they didn't actually ever get caught stealing them, it was someone screwing up paperwork on one of the cars they used. Maybe plate swapping? I forget. Police showed up to someone's shop and saw a lot of brand new wheels sitting on shelves...

Quote Originally Posted by riche View Post
    Are people that stupid to post up wheels for sale for a vehicle that isn't even out yet??
    It’s a fake ad. I’ve seen at least three others on IG. But yes, I think would be stupid enough to try to sell them...lol

Dennis

Club Member

When I picked up my scat pack in april 2015 I was happy to see the dealer installed wheel locks free! The salesman told me they automatically do that when the cars come off the trailer. The first shipment they received seven complete sets of wheels were stolen the first night.

I feel like they did this just to make a good story that would get shares. Why else would you leave anything of value parked on the street around Detroit.

If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Forum Member

I was told that this was a problem at the Ren Cen years ago. Guys would steal a van and go into Millender. They'd grab a parking ticket on the way in, park next to a desirable vehicle (usually a GM company car). They'd hop out, steal the wheels, smash through the gate, and ditch the van down the road.

GM then quarantined off the employee parking with a second entry gate - because then they can't get the vans up there unless they decide to bash through that gate and theoretically Security would be on them before they could do anything.

Thread Information