Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MM Gods

I replied to an ad in the for sale section, checked back a few hours later and the site was down. Good to know it's not my fault.

I'm blammin Russian Hackers
    Driven Crazy

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    I've got a buddy who works at Hadley's towing lined up to help me out, but thanks. Pretty sure the wheel bearings are seized.
    Wheel bearings don't normally seize, unless you know for a fact they are. I would guess your brakes are actually locked - It is common for the brake shoes to rust to the drums and it can be the fronts or the rears. One other thing that is very common is the clutch rusts to the flywheel. Both of those are pretty tough to get freed up...

Sometimes just pushing, or pulling the car down the street can free things up. But, the car bounces down the road for quite a ways before they do unlock themselves....

Just my .02.....grr

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    Wheel bearings don't normally seize, unless you know for a fact they are. I would guess your brakes are actually locked - It is common for the brake shoes to rust to the drums and it can be the fronts or the rears. One other thing that is very common is the clutch rusts to the flywheel. Both of those are pretty tough to get freed up...

Sometimes just pushing, or pulling the car down the street can free things up. But, the car bounces down the road for quite a ways before they do unlock themselves....

Just my .02.....grr
    Thanks for the heads up Gary, appreciate that. Hopefully by the time its here it will be rolling then.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Thread Information