Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I like what I saw. Front and rear lockers, swaybar disconnect, Removable top and doors. Interested to see which Dana axles it has (it has IFS), and what prices will be.

All of the above, except for IFS, my Rubicon has. I think it’s bad ass that the Bronco is available with 35s right from the factory. A little surprised that they’re saying rock rails are an option item, rather than standard (unless base model).

From the video alone and not seeing it in person, Ford hit a home run. I’ll be looking at them whenever I get the itch for something else.
    I agree. From the images I had been seeing I wasn't too impressed, but the functionality is impressive. Even at the lower trim levels it looks to be an extremely capable SUV. Unlike it's counter part, the Blazer.

Props to the folks at Ford for not letting the bean counters ruin it.
    Last edited by jsxtreme; 07-14-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Wonder if we will see initial dealer markups that ruin it, or if supplier and employees will have discounts.

I want one, but I’m a cheap bastard when it comes to buying myself toys

Quote Originally Posted by WayFastWhitey View Post
    Wonder if we will see initial dealer markups that ruin it, or if supplier and employees will have discounts.

I want one, but I’m a cheap bastard when it comes to buying myself toys
    Ford's website is saying that the top of the line loaded offroad bronco is already sold out. Starts at $60k...

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

I don’t consider the Blazer to be a counterpart. Not even slightly comparable. Now if GM wants to come out with a copy/competitor, they have no other choice but to name it a K5 edition blazer.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

I don’t consider the Blazer to be a counterpart. Not even slightly comparable. Now if GM wants to come out with a copy/competitor, they have no other choice but to name it a K5 edition blazer.
    Definitely not. Maybe this though? I know nothing about it other than what is in the ad. Not sure if it is going to be a rock crawler or not.

https://www.gmc.com/electric-truck/hummer-ev

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

While I wholeheartedly agree, GM has touted it's "off road" capability. Hell it's even on their website. A lot of folks have been quick to compare the two.

A better name for the Blazer would have been the Malibu Maxx.

Capture.JPG
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    While I wholeheartedly agree, GM has touted it's "off road" capability. Hell it's even on their website. A lot of folks have been quick to compare the two.

Capture.JPG
    "Off-Road" as in, I missed my turn and now Im on someones front lawn, or I accidentally drove over a parking block..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Ford's website is saying that the top of the line loaded offroad bronco is already sold out. Starts at $60k...
    Yea, looks like the First Edition is sold out. It looks nice esp w/ 35s, but at a $60k starting price... that's pretty pricey for a Jeep alternative.

See, but that's the rub. The current K5 Blazer IS the Tahoe/Yukon. I personally would take a Denali, AT4 or Trailboss over the Bronco, but that's just me. You're comparing a full size SUV vs. a mid/Jeep. A 2021 Yukon AT4 starts at $66k, ~10% more for a truck that's probably 2x the size.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I'm very interested in this as well. Unfortunately, sounds like it's another year out.

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post

That's fair, and I don't know what GM is thinking as they seem to have a dozen small-to-mid sized SUVs all stealing from the same customer base -- I don't get it. But yea, comparing the Blazer to the Bronco isn't fair, just as comparing the Bronco to the 2021 Yukon AT4 probably isn't fair either.
    The better answer is GM really doesn't offer a midsize manly/offroad SUV at the moment. It's all aimed at soccer moms or pre-soccer moms.
    The Blazer RS looks ok for a street-only DD, but it's not going to compete for someone looking for an offroad ready Bronco, Raptor, AT4, Trailboss.

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    Yea, looks like the First Edition is sold out. It looks nice esp w/ 35s, but at a $60k starting price... that's pretty pricey for a Jeep alternative.

See, but that's the rub. The current K5 Blazer IS the Tahoe/Yukon. I personally would take a Denali, AT4 or Trailboss over the Bronco, but that's just me. You're comparing a full size SUV vs. a mid/Jeep. A 2021 Yukon AT4 starts at $66k, ~10% more for a truck that's probably 2x the size.

I'm very interested in this as well. Unfortunately, sounds like it's another year out.

That's fair, and I don't know what GM is thinking as they seem to have a dozen small-to-mid sized SUVs all stealing from the same customer base -- I don't get it. But yea, comparing the Blazer to the Bronco isn't fair, just as comparing the Bronco to the 2021 Yukon AT4 probably isn't fair either.
    The better answer is GM really doesn't offer a midsize manly/offroad SUV at the moment. It's all aimed at soccer moms or pre-soccer moms.
    The Blazer RS looks ok for a street-only DD, but it's not going to compete for someone looking for an offroad ready Bronco, Raptor, AT4, Trailboss.
    60k is a lot of cash, however, I just built a Rubicon and High Altitude on Jeeps website. Both came out to about 56k with all the bells and whistles.

I have to say, I’d prefer a manual transfer case on this Bronco. I’m still saying it’s a home run, but grand slam is probably more accurate.

On Instagram, I asked Ford if I could bring my Rubicon over to Dearborn to get a look at the Bronco line. Let’s see if they answer.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Thread Information