Page 34 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast

Thread: National Emergency - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by paul09 View Post
    It's in President Trump's self-interest to shut down a roaring economy before an election??
    Trump definitely didn't want this, but when he had to make a decision, he made the right one, and he made it pretty early. He kept saying it would be no big deal, but he still shut down travel and started ramping up response long before anyone was screaming at him. In fact - Trump banned China Travel and set up a task force while the WHO was saying that the virus didn't pass person to person. The democrats and Joe Biden called him a xenophobe when he did that. So think about that against the narrative the Dems and the media are putting out.

That Fauci guy is a Deep State piece of shit. He was on TV January 21st telling everyone that this virus was nothing to worry about. There are plenty of pictures of him with Obama, Bill Gates, and Soros outside of work, too. A lot of people are speculating that his constant attacking of hydroxychloroquine is based in relationship to Gates and Soros who have invested billions in patenting and producing a cure for the virus - which won't be needed if some non-patented off the shelf drugs do the job. I was a conspiracy guy, I would say that Fauci is setting Trump up by telling him in January and February that this was no big deal - which he is on record for doing!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Atrus View Post
    I see politics on both sides. Whitmer is an asshole. Trump is an asshole. Assholes are abundant all around. They are all playing the "in the interest of the good" card when their self-interests drive the majority of their decisions.

I do totally agree with your point - nobody has looked at how to emerge and what makes sense. While we may not agree with all decisions, it'd be nice to have some definitive ones to refer to. Everything is vague and general, which is driving a lot of our problems IMO.

We've effectively shut down for a month - look at New Zealand and they way they responded. Instead of this phased approach, etc, they literally locked the country down in 48 hours, for a period of 4 weeks, and are experiencing far less of an impact as a result. If they are smart, they'll be able to reopen and have little-to-no recurring impact.

And also look at Switzerland same population as Michigan (10 Million) and
    they did the complete opposite of us (no lockdowns, business as normal)
    and their "spread" and deaths is a fraction of ours.

South Korea too.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post

South Korea too.
    Out of curiosity, where did you get your information from? I'm a tinfoil hat kind of guy and read many of the fringe websites, but Switzerland did all sorts of stuff including stopping their trains, lockdowns, etc.

South Korea has been interesting...

Germany seems to have their shit together.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    Out of curiosity, where did you get your information from? I'm a tinfoil hat kind of guy and read many of the fringe websites, but Switzerland did all sorts of stuff including stopping their trains, lockdowns, etc.

Maybe he means Sweden. I read that they just put together a plan to protect the people who were high risk and are going on with life as usual. Bars and restaurants are still open. Something that our governor should be doing now - the plan for high risk people - so that we can get our state open. She is too busy running for the veep job to do it though.

-Geoff

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post

Ooops, my bad, I meant Sweden...

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/04/...ckdown-sweden/

Itís official. Stay home till April 30th. For now.

Yea. chart shows we are past peak with infections. She is just being ridiculous now. Won't allow lawn care people to work? Why the fuck not? They are outdoors and generally already wear masks? It is fucking ridiculous. Oh, and have fun at grocery stores now - one person per 1000 square feet. That is like 10 people in a Kroger, 50 in a Meijer. What a complete fucking disaster that is going to be. I hate her so much...

-Geoff

charts.jpg

So I hear a lot of background noise today about extending social distancing, and flattening of the curve, and yada yada. But what's the exit strategy? Where's the leadership there and where are we at in the process?
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post

South Korea too.
    IDK where you get your info from, but its erroneous. Switzerland has been on lockdown.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by jsxtreme View Post
    So I hear a lot of background noise today about extending social distancing, and flattening of the curve, and yada yada. But what's the exit strategy? Where's the leadership there and where are we at in the process?
    Exit strategy is that first she declared a state of emergency, then a state of disaster. All her powers run out April 30th, then she has to negotiate with the Republicans. They are already on her to start opening things. We have to put faith in the legislature, because Whitmer is fucking batshit crazy right now. I am half expecting to hear that she is going to close the roads next to prevent people from dying in car accidents.

At some point, we have to go back to living our lives, not wrapping ourselves in foam to prevent so much as a bruise. Life is messy, lets be smart and get back to work smartly. Nobody wants to stand line to go grocery shopping, but that is what is going to be happening for the next three weeks. That shit is going to make it worse. She wants us to suffer.

-Geoff

Thread Information