Page 65 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1555616263646566676869 LastLast

Thread: National Emergency - coronavirus

How is that funny? Forcing people into famine and poverty isn't funny. She's power hungry and vindictive. How dare citizens challenge her? Grandstanding for a VP pick.

Also, from the article on MLive...

"Stephens wrote in the ruling the governor did overstep her authority when issuing another state of emergency under the Emergency Management Act of 1976 without legislative approval, which gives the governor a 28-day window before legislative approval is required."

https://www.mlive.com/public-interes...dge-rules.html
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Man everything you just said reminds me of the Donald.
    mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    Whitmer didn't actually get the victory the media is claiming. She won that she could keep the basic state of emergency under the 1945 law, but lost on her extension of the 1976 law. She had been extending them both. She gets more powers under the 1976 law that she will now lose.

This was a fair ruling to the letter of the law in the Michigan constitution. I am impressed that a judge appointed by Granholm actually made it. Now we will go to the State Supreme court and see if they allow it or not. It depends if the Michigan Supreme Court judges address this as a "Checks and Balances" issue in the US Constitution or if they stick with only the Michigan Constitution which should result in them upholding the Recorder's Court decision.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Did anyone have masks/gloves etc on?
    While out/about walking around maybe 5-10% had masks on.
    Even cops walking around the historic and downtown areas weren't wearing them.
    An electronics store I visited had a sign which indicated masks were required.
    I didn't wear one and they didn't complain. Haircut places were another story - gotta wear a mask at least for now.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z71

So the SOS has clarified that registration and license extensions are only good for vehicles already registered and people with existing licenses. So I guess if you moved here, just became eligible to drive, purchased a new car or want to register an old car you're screwed? I still think I'll drive my new vette around without a tag with a copy of the title and insurance. Oh well, time to start my Montana LLC.
    Last edited by ultradriver10000; 05-22-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ultradriver10000 View Post
    So the SOS has clarified that registration and license extensions are only good for vehicles already registered and people with existing licenses. So I guess if you moved here, just became eligible to drive, purchased a new car or want to register an old car you're screwed? I still think I'll drive my new vette around without a tag with a copy of the title and insurance. Oh well, time to start my Montana LLC.
    Given my birthday was yesterday I have 3 vehicles being driven illegally at the moment. Will be in a pickle when I need to plate my 50 pontiac. Probably end up driving it and roll the dice with insurance.
    ****MATT*****

Quote Originally Posted by ultradriver10000 View Post

I thought they were starting to crack down on the Montana gig people were doing... Either way, I think there are some benefits if you can make it work

Well, it looks like the Dream Cruise is cancelled for 2020....

people will still cruise

even last night woodward was packed
    08 Nitro
    04 Silverado
    00 Cherokee

Thread Information