Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need a title transfer and plates put on a new to me vehicle, what do I do?

call your insurance company ... put coverage on it ... drive it with no plate ... keep the title with you ...if you get pulled over ... ask the cop WTF am I supposed to do ....
    Driven Crazy

Yup. I called a dealership seeing if they could help at all. He said they’ve been able to transfer titles, but still nothing for plates.

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    call your insurance company ... put coverage on it ... drive it with no plate ... keep the title with you ...if you get pulled over ... ask the cop WTF am I supposed to do ....
    this is exactly what ive been telling my customers to do. not sure if its entirely legal but what else can you do if you have to have a vehicle...

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    When & where were you pulled over?
    PM'd

Anyone have any luck with mail in stuff? Wife's license expires tomorrow. We mailed it on on May 2nd and the Secy of State hasn't even cashed the check yet. WTF are they doing? Are they all laid off or something? it wouldn't be a big deal but she is headed to Clay-Como on Monday, going to use passport at the airport, but it is shitty to be traveling with an expired license.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Club Member

My Secty of State appointment has been cancelled 4 times. This time I made (2) appointments at (2) different branches. Fortunately, one of the appointments is for 2 days after they are supposed to open up in June. I just haven't been driving the Jeep....

grr

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Anyone have any luck with mail in stuff? Wife's license expires tomorrow. We mailed it on on May 2nd and the Secy of State hasn't even cashed the check yet. WTF are they doing? Are they all laid off or something? it wouldn't be a big deal but she is headed to Clay-Como on Monday, going to use passport at the airport, but it is shitty to be traveling with an expired license.

-Geoff
    Took over a month to renew my boat. I did it online the day I got it. Sold the boat and bought a new one before it even came lol.

Club Member

I did it online early may and get my renewals and a new plate in a couple weeks.
    -Jerry
    http://garage.twelve22.net/
    85 Monte/83 Monte (Parts)

Default I need a title transfer and plates put on a new to me vehicle, what do I do?

i just tried online, same day apt. and it gave me an option for next day 6/17 at 9am, seen some others saying this worked, looks like it does.

Adjustments.jpg
    Last edited by dline; 06-16-2020 at 08:07 AM.
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Wife's license has been expired for two weeks, SOS hasn't even cashed the check yet. My dad mailed his plate renewal two weeks before we mailed in license renewal, and he just got them back. That makes them about six weeks behind on mail in (plus the normal two weeks)? Plenty of time to mail out absentee voter applications though! Sorry, I know, no politics, but I think it is important that everyone understands our state's priorities. This year, it is not the citizen.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information