Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Best-Selling Cars in America Last 42 Years

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    That's like 10 millions Camrys and I don't know anyone who's had one.
    Haha. Me neither. And I notice people of specific demographic driving them.

Club Member

This area is in the backyard of the big3 everyone gets a family discount on a vehicles produced by Ford, FCA and GM. In the rest of the country the vehicle landscape is much different.

Other things to note, what is a units sold. For some automakers they record the sale of manufacturing plant selling the vehicle to the sales company who then sells the cars to the dealers. This means the instant a vehicle leaves the plant its a recorded sale. Then there are fleet sales, and sales incentives to help drive up unit sold numbers.

F150 is not included in car sales. It nearly doubles the numbers some years.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    camrymike6996, no it doesn't.
    Hahah I wouldn't buy one but I do think Toyota put more effort into design and styling than GM or Ford. Kia is another company that stepped up the styling game.

2019 Toyota Camry (4).jpg

Club Member

It's ironic Mike but I think the camry's are getting more interesting looking. Consequently their sales are going DOWN, supporting my theory that boring cars are the big sellers, LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by DeFormula View Post
    It's ironic Mike but I think the camry's are getting more interesting looking. Consequently their sales are going DOWN, supporting my theory that boring cars are the big sellers, LOL!
    It's mind boggling. But this is the least Grandma-Camry I've ever seen, and Ford wants to get out of the car game (pre-Covid19 2020 auto assfucking)

All of us (where I work) cannot fathom the car pullout (we all know it's very profit driven and they are seeking the low hanging fruit). Soon car buyers will only have the Accord or Camry as an option.

I'd love to see actual numbers, how many new Camry buyers and what they previously owned. As well as how many people jumped ship to go from a car to truck or vice versa.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    It's mind boggling. But this is the least Grandma-Camry I've ever seen, and Ford wants to get out of the car game (pre-Covid19 2020 auto assfucking)

All of us (where I work) cannot fathom the car pullout (we all know it's very profit driven and they are seeking the low hanging fruit). Soon car buyers will only have the Accord or Camry as an option.

I'd love to see actual numbers, how many new Camry buyers and what they previously owned. As well as how many people jumped ship to go from a car to truck or vice versa.
    I too have wondered about those numbers as well.

Club Member

It's not just Camry sales that are down, it's car sales. People are buying SUV and trucks in place of passenger cars. Look at the increase in Rav4 and Highlander sales in the last five years, similar with Rogue, Escape and so on.
    Last edited by JPK; 03-30-2020 at 01:55 PM.

Forum Member

I have no desire for a truck or SUV, and I want a US based car to support the people in our country, but they're not leaving me many choices. I'll need to get something in the next year or so, it should be interesting to see what options I have then. Currently running an 08 Fusion, no issue with it other than the rust. I'm gonna run it as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    Didn’t the 65 mustang set stupid sales records?
    You are thinking the 1965 Impala.

The 1965 Impala holds the single year sales record of over 1 million sold that year.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    I have no desire for a truck or SUV, and I want a US based car to support the people in our country, but they're not leaving me many choices. I'll need to get something in the next year or so, it should be interesting to see what options I have then. Currently running an 08 Fusion, no issue with it other than the rust. I'm gonna run it as long as I can.
    Used Cadillac CTS or ATS depending on your size needs. They are a really good used car value and you can find them certified with a 6 yr 100k mile warranty. I like my CTS. Even though it is just a 2.0T it is no slouch. I was leaning toward a used CTS V-Sport when I got a good lease deal on this new one but I really do wish I had bought the V-Sport. I don't know what happened but the prices on them have actually gone up since I was looking almost 2 years ago.

That said, if you are looking for new non-luxury US built and branded CAR you are running out of options. The Malibu (built at Fairfax) will be the only mid sizer left and if you want full sized you'll need to roll with a 300 or Charger (built in Canada but close enough). I think they will be making the Sonic in Orion Twp for another year or two or if you can do electric, the Bolt. $8500 in rebates on those puppies right now.

EDIT: I guess I forgot about Tesla. I suppose you could always roll with a Model 3.
    Scott

Thread Information