Thread: The Best-Selling Cars in America Last 42 Years

Ram sold a total of 633,694 trucks in 2019
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    Ram sold a total of 633,694 trucks in 2019
    Yeah that's great they're trying to catch F150.

yep doing good at it, moving those plants around gave them capacity to do it.
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    I just bought one last week, 23,085 miles...

Attachment 85765
    Nice, I miss my 06 Screaming Yellow GT (I went from a purple 96 GT to that). I have never owned a red Mustang.

Gulfstream Aqua (Now Competition Orange)
    Purple 96 GT
    Yellow 06 GT
    Black 2010 GT
    Black 96 Cobra
    Silver 16 GT

I really want a Grabber Blue S197 GT500 or S550 GT350.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Nice, I miss my 06 Screaming Yellow GT (I went from a purple 96 GT to that). I have never owned a red Mustang.

Gulfstream Aqua (Now Competition Orange)
    Purple 96 GT
    Yellow 06 GT
    Black 2010 GT
    Black 96 Cobra
    Silver 16 GT

I really want a Grabber Blue S197 GT500 or S550 GT350.

You have got to be kidding me!!!

You went from a purple 96 GT
    to a 2006 yellow GT?

So did I...

96GT004.jpg

13.jpg

I don't suppose you also owned a white 1986 GT?

21.jpg

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 2QuickZ's View Post
    Used Cadillac CTS or ATS depending on your size needs. They are a really good used car value and you can find them certified with a 6 yr 100k mile warranty. I like my CTS. Even though it is just a 2.0T it is no slouch. I was leaning toward a used CTS V-Sport when I got a good lease deal on this new one but I really do wish I had bought the V-Sport. I don't know what happened but the prices on them have actually gone up since I was looking almost 2 years ago.

That said, if you are looking for new non-luxury US built and branded CAR you are running out of options. The Malibu (built at Fairfax) will be the only mid sizer left and if you want full sized you'll need to roll with a 300 or Charger (built in Canada but close enough). I think they will be making the Sonic in Orion Twp for another year or two or if you can do electric, the Bolt. $8500 in rebates on those puppies right now.

EDIT: I guess I forgot about Tesla. I suppose you could always roll with a Model 3.
    Thanks for the info! I'm not even thinking about Tesla or other electric, just not my thing....
    I have always like the CTS, and maybe should look at them, maybe ATS as well. I see an M plate my neighbor has is a CT4, it looks pretty sweet though.
    I'm not such a Cadillac type of person, more of a blue collar kind of person.
    But in the back of my mind, always looking at CTS, just don't know much of anything about them.

You have got to be kidding me!!!

You went from a purple 96 GT
    to a 2006 yellow GT?

So did I...

96GT004.jpg

13.jpg

I don't suppose you also owned a white 1986 GT?

21.jpg
    That's too funny. I've actually never owned a Foxbody. I almost have bought a few (I'd love a notch in Calypso Green with grey interior). All my cars have been coupes/fastbacks. I sunburn too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by sofa king View Post
    Thanks for the info! I'm not even thinking about Tesla or other electric, just not my thing....
    I have always like the CTS, and maybe should look at them, maybe ATS as well. I see an M plate my neighbor has is a CT4, it looks pretty sweet though.
    I'm not such a Cadillac type of person, more of a blue collar kind of person.
    But in the back of my mind, always looking at CTS, just don't know much of anything about them.
    Honestly, once they get the EV platforms tested, it's just a matter of attaching a body to the "skateboard" and then selling it. EV bypasses all CAFE constraints and there's virtually no powertrain testing required after the initial skateboard (battery/motor/generators). Limited durability testing is a huge coat savings to any company.

Personally, I prefer a internal combustion engine, rear wheel drive. As long as it's powered properly, a turbo 4cyl is great. (although I'd much rather have a 500hp V8)

Club Member

That was so well written! I owned one of those USED.
    I knew at the time (as most did) that the car was a
    joke, it was so bad.

But a like new, low mileage car for only $800? I had to
    try it, so I did. But unlike the owner from that article, I
    bought mine eye's wide open.

I don't recall the gas mileage ever being that good. But
    I used it as I did (do) most every car I buy, drive it for a
    while, then sell it.

But I bought this clean, late model used car so cheap surely
    I'b sell it for more.......I sold it for what I paid for it and that
    was a glorious day!
    Ugh. A 3 year old used one of these steaming turds was my first car. $2,000 for a low mileage three year old used car?!? My Dad (a GM employee) somehow thought this was a can't miss opportunity and since my parents funded 3/4 of the purchase, I was stuck with it. It was such a great deal my Dad bought it a full 9 months before my 16th birthday and drove it himself until I turned 16. My Dad even told me if I hated it he would buy it off me. I drove it for 6 months or so and told him I hated it and would sell it to him and he said sure and offered me $500 for it (his rational is that was all the money that came out of my pocket) so needless to say I kept it. i wound up having it for a total 1 year and approx. $1000 of repairs before I dumped it. On the plus side, I got my first job at 14 and had enough money to buy my second car, a 60K original mile 1966 Chevelle Malibu Sport, before I was even able to sell this turd.

Regarding that well written article, the author talks about the clutch linkage being a cable. My memory must be failing me. Having had to crawl under the car on multiple occasions to try to adjust the linkage to keep it from popping out of 5th gear, I could swear the linkage was mechanical (rods).
    Scott

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 2QuickZ's View Post
    Ugh. A 3 year old used one of these steaming turds was my first car. $2,000 for a low mileage three year old used car?!? My Dad (a GM employee) somehow thought this was a can't miss opportunity and since my parents funded 3/4 of the purchase, I was stuck with it. It was such a great deal my Dad bought it a full 9 months before my 16th birthday and drove it himself until I turned 16. My Dad even told me if I hated it he would buy it off me. I drove it for 6 months or so and told him I hated it and would sell it to him and he said sure and offered me $500 for it (his rational is that was all the money that came out of my pocket) so needless to say I kept it. i wound up having it for a total 1 year and approx. $1000 of repairs before I dumped it. On the plus side, I got my first job at 14 and had enough money to buy my second car, a 60K original mile 1966 Chevelle Malibu Sport, before I was even able to sell this turd.

Regarding that well written article, the author talks about the clutch linkage being a cable. My memory must be failing me. Having had to crawl under the car on multiple occasions to try to adjust the linkage to keep it from popping out of 5th gear, I could swear the linkage was mechanical (rods).

Oh my, did you ever move up in this world!
    (one of my favorite cars).

Thread Information