Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garage Stereo options

Quote Originally Posted by 93 saturn sl2 View Post
    Ive got a Denon AVR-X2500h and really like it. Its my second Denon receiver and it works well. Bluetooth and wifi features make it even better. If your garage is close enough to your wifi, I'd find a receiver with it. You can control the receiver power, volume, input, etc with an app and it's really useful. The Denon you listed doesnt have wifi but the one below does. Accessories4less sells Denon manufacturer refurb receivers and alot of people on Reddit buy from them.

https://www.accessories4less.com/mak...-w/heos/1.html

Ill have to look into them. I don't mind a refurb. WiFi isnt completely needed but would be nice. Usually my phone resides on the toolbox under where the receiver would be located. I repurposed an old Linksys routers and configured it as a WiFi repeater and ran CAT6 to the garage so now I have a network hub in the garage (which is great because I can stay connected to WiFi on my entire property plus some.

Sidenote, good news on the amp that crapped out.... I pulled the circuit card out of the amp and cleaned it with contact cleaners, hooked it up and it is functioning again. So I have music until I decide/buy a replacement (until it craps out again)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Ill have to look into them. I don't mind a refurb. WiFi isnt completely needed but would be nice. Usually my phone resides on the toolbox under where the receiver would be located. I repurposed an old Linksys routers and configured it as a WiFi repeater and ran CAT6 to the garage so now I have a network hub in the garage (which is great because I can stay connected to WiFi on my entire property plus some.

Sidenote, good news on the amp that crapped out.... I pulled the circuit card out of the amp and cleaned it with contact cleaners, hooked it up and it is functioning again. So I have music until I decide/buy a replacement (until it craps out again)
    That’s the way to do it. They have Ethernet as well so even better.

Just got this Yamaha for my barn.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_022RS2...ha-R-S202.html

Has bluetooth, am/fm is pretty strong. Using old existing speakers for the time being. Sounds good.

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

I put Sonos play5's in my garage and they're everything I've ever wanted. Sound good for a garage, have access to anything on the internet (which now includes all worthwhile radio stations), even play movies or things I have on the TV
    1990 GT

Maybe get 2 of these if you have a big garage? 14 watts is enough for me, I don't even turn one up all the way. YouTube and Pandora supply the tunes usually. I threw my old 400w shelf system in the trash..

https://www.amazon.com/OontZ-Angle-U...RSP?th=1&psc=1
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

Quote Originally Posted by Sledder View Post
    Just got this Yamaha for my barn.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_022RS2...ha-R-S202.html

Has bluetooth, am/fm is pretty strong. Using old existing speakers for the time being. Sounds good.
    I just ordered the same one.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    I just ordered the same one.

Thanks for all the input everyone!
    Crutchfield has this $20 off right now. Did you get it running yet Mike?

Also, I am still on the fence about that Emotive and now it is out of stock... Doh!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Crutchfield has this $20 off right now. Did you get it running yet Mike?

Also, I am still on the fence about that Emotive and now it is out of stock... Doh!

-Geoff
    I got the Yamaha up and running. Kind of a surreal purchase in the sense of what I had to do to get it. I got it from Bestbuy. Drove to Madison Heights (closest store that had it in stock and wouldnt take 10 days to ship). Pull up to the store and it looks like a fucking autocross with cones in the parking lot, employees all over directing people. Traffic was a mess for the 8 cars trying to get into line. Pull up, show my ID and tell them what Im picking up. Pop the trunk, they dropped it in and I took off.

At any rate, its all hooked up and paired up pretty well with my Klipsch speakers. Im using Bluetooth and Spotify, sounds quality could be a bit better but for $150 I cant complain.

I just actually got back from BestBuy and replaced my old Westinghouse 26" TV with a new Samsung 32" (same overall dimensions). Purchased online, stopped at Lowes and it was ready for pickup in 30 minutes. Screen quality is so much better its not even funny (even though its only 720p). Viewing angle and clarity is great but the stock TV speakers are super lame.... (guess Ill be hooking the TV to the new receiver). This TV was only $150, so far so good.

Thread Information