Thread: Need some help for a members sons

Default Need some help for a members sons

Hey Motown, I'm looking for some assistance for the sons of a member that passed away almost 8 years ago (I cant believe its been so long). If you were around Motown in the early years, you knew Mike Fortuna. Unfortunately for everyone that knew him, he was diagnosed with medullary carcinoma and passed away at 37 years old. When Mike was diagnosed with cancer, he sold his Trans Am to make sure the family had a little extra money. Now that his two oldest kids (Mike Jr and Chris) have both graduated, they bought the car back and are looking to do some upgrades on it that Tuna was never able to get to on it. They aren't looking for handouts, but I would love to see the budget they have go as far as possible. If you have any LS go fast parts for sale or if you have time to lend a hand on the build, please let me know.

Club Member

Hi Eric. I don't really have any extra parts since I am just getting going on my own LS1 project but I would be happy to donate some time. It is hard to believe it has been 8 years already. That means it has probably been 15 or more years since Chris J passed. Time has flown by crazy fast.

Let's try not to drive the car into the garage door like we did with your car when we were doing transmissions! I'll never forget that one. Haha
    Scott

Club Member

Hard to believe it's been 8 years already. That was so difficult for them to lose their dad at such an early age. That one really drove home how unfair life can be. Chris J too. Got rid of all my LS stuff a while ago but what an awesome thing Mike's sons are doing!

Tuna, I believe, tried to be genuinely helpful which definitely stood out in his industry. Taken too soon. 28-Sept-12. RIP.
    Regarding the car stuff. What sort of mods / use are the kiddos looking for?
    NA/FI? Cruiser/road car/drag?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Thread Information