Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1985 t top mustang for sale 302 5 speed 13.26 quarter at 106 fun project car

Default 1985 t top mustang for sale 302 5 speed 13.26 quarter at 106 fun project car

Been battling trying to find motivation on this car for 2 years. Life’s presented another opportunity (buying a sub compact tractor and need room is what it is), so this thing has got to GO!!!

Now, before we get too in depth, if you want a track toy, this is for you. Body has nice paint on it. I have made 5 passes on the car myself and I know it’s got another half second, if not more to come out of it with a little love. I have a bunch of stuff that comes with it, but is not on it right now. Yukon 28 spline 5 lug axles, 5 lug drag lites, 15x8, and 15x3.5, no tires yet though. Flaming river manual rack, and steering shaft (the guy I got them from gooberd it up with weld, but they are easily removed with a die grinder and what not). 4.10 gears, Taylor battery box, 5 speed that needs help (a good rebuild is all, no gears missing, but I do think it’s got a 3-4 shift fork problem) I have a Lakewood blowproof bell to go with it, southside control arms that need installed, I just sumped the tank a few weeks back, and bought a fresh kbs coatings fuel tank liner kit for it (stuff is awesome)

I have a just about complete 87-93 gt interior to go with it too if you chose to, and it’s pretty nice stuff. Bbk long tubes I just bought, little rusty, but would be good with a sand blast and a shot of exhaust spray paint.

The motor is a 302 (very good possibility it’s .30 over) and has a cam that I was told is a b cam, and it sounds like one so I’m going with that. As far as the heads go, I don’t know, never had them off, but I can tell you they need new valve springs too. Rpm air gap intake, 650 holley mechanical, Taylor battery box that’s nice and new in the back too.

The car does run and drive, but I’d definitly trailer it home, and plan on working on it before a trip to the track. I do have video of it making the 13.26 pass, and the car has sat since. Still runs good, needs leaned up. Pictures available via text too.

Looking for 2,000 from mowtown posting on Facebook for 2500. I think I have more stuff than this too, I just cant think of it right now.

I have more than that into it trust me, but it’s gotta go.

Van buren at rawsonville and Huron river drive right off only I-94.

Text for pictures. 7342504912.

As always, thank you motown!!!

Rob.

Oh msd 6al box, and msd mechanical advance distributor on the motor too. And body looks nice at the track. Wouldnt call it a show car, good driver car though. Couple scratches and the paint looks good for a beginner. It wasn’t me. :-D

Oh, all the 5 lug stuff off of a 94-95 car. Need a break booster if you wanna run the rear disc breaks though. But I have all that stuff. Came from a junk yard, but spindles and hubs are nice.

And it’s pending.

Back for sale.

Forum Member

Can you text pics? 248-805-5296

It’s still for sale, but starting to think about where in the yard I can store it for a few years.

I’m real suprised this is still sitting in my barn at this point. Still for sale, new tractor is home.

I am going to send this link over to a few buddies. One is heavy into mustangs, the other is always buying cars. See If they may be interested. If I had the extra cash, I'd pick it up.

Thread Information