Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is It Possible To Love Your Car Too Much?

Cool Is It Possible To Love Your Car Too Much?

I took a 56 mile bicycle ride today & spotted this at a cemetery…

that looks fake. Who’s last name is service? lol.

Arrow

Believe it or not, its real. I'm the one who took that photo today
    when I was on my 56 mile bike ride. I could also tell, the grave
    was about a year old (the ground) - this is real!

Tomb Stone 2.jpg

“Is It Possible To Love Your Car Too Much”?

If you take 2 minutes and search the internet im sure you’ll find plenty of videos of guys that “love” their cars way way way to much

someday someone will dig it up and restore. instead of a barn find, it will be a grave find.

My uncles headstone has a pic of his car and snowmobile, and that was done in 1990. It wasn’t his wishes, it was his wife’s idea, she knew how much he loved his toys.

pretty wild
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

Quote Originally Posted by bad466 View Post
    My uncles headstone has a pic of his car and snowmobile, and that was done in 1990. It wasn’t his wishes, it was his wife’s idea, she knew how much he loved his toys.
    Oh. Well I totally misunderstood this. I thought the guy got buried with his car like this guy

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...loved-corvette

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    Oh. Well I totally misunderstood this. I thought the guy got buried with his car like this guy

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-...loved-corvette

Pennsylvania man buried with his beloved Corvette

On May 25, 1994, the ashes of 71-year-old George Swanson are buried (according to Swanson’s request) in the driver’s seat of his 1984 white Corvette in Irwin, Pennsylvania.

Swanson, a beer distributor and former U.S. Army sergeant during World War II, died the previous March 31 at the age of 71. He had reportedly been planning his automobile burial for some time, buying 12 burial plots at Brush Creek Cemetery, located 25 miles east of Pittsburgh, in order to ensure that his beloved Corvette would fit in his grave with him. After his death, however, the cemetery balked, amid concerns of vandalism and worries that other clients would be offended by the outlandish nature of the burial. They finally relented after weeks of negotiations, but insisted that the burial be private, and that the car be drained of fluids to protect the environment. “George wanted to go out in style, and, indeed, now he will,” commented Swanson’s lawyer in a report from The Associated Press. “We agree that this is rather elaborate, but really it’s no different than being buried in a diamond-studded or gold coffin.”

According to the AP, Swanson’s widow, Caroline, transported her husband’s ashes to the cemetery on the seat of her own white 1993 Corvette. The ashes were then placed on the driver’s seat of his 10-year-old car, which had only 27,000 miles on the odometer. Inside the car, mourners also placed a lap quilt made by a group of women from Swanson’s church, a love note from his wife and an Engelbert Humperdinck tape in the cassette deck, with the song “Release Me” cued up and ready to play. The license plate read “HI-PAL,” which was Swanson’s go-to greeting when he didn’t remember a name. As 50 mourners looked on, a crane lowered the Corvette into a 7-by-7-by-16-foot hole.

I always wondered if this could be done. But I also knew the two problems would be;
    1) The cost (12 plots) and 2) Actually getting the cemetery to allow it. Good for this
    man's family for not giving up!

Of course not. I think that’s great.

My BIL told me that the amount of Bama Crimson Tide headstones in Alabama is mind blowing. I’d prefer a car headstone over a sports team/college any day.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Thread Information