Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lapeer international dragway! 6/13 & 6/27

Thumbs up Lapeer international dragway! 6/13 & 6/27

Let’s have some fun!
    First off I’m pumped because we will have Will Carter on the mic!!!

June 13, 2020
    TEST AND TUNE WITH GRUDGE RACING ALL DAY!

EXTREME RADIAL PREP!
    NO HARD TIRES ALLOWED RADIALS AND SLICKS ONLY!

We are looking for 4 or 8 cars to enter the Richards Auto Parts - New Baltimore THE NO MORE KEYBOARD RACING ITS TIME TO GET IT IN SHOOT-OUT! Rich Simon will be matching the buy in amount the racers select up to a $1,000!

We could see a 8 car shoot-out with a pot total or $9,000!!!!

The rules are simple - there are NO RULES!

We are looking for race teams that’s want to gamble big and win big!

If we can not find 8 cars to do $1,000 buy in and they decide on a $500 buy in the total pot size will be $4500! Either way I am looking for people looking to up that buy -in and get it in!

(WHO KNOWS MORE SPONSORS ARE STILL THINKING ABOUT GETTING ON BORED, IF THEY DO 100% OF THERE SPONSORSHIP DOLLARS WILL GO DIRECTLY INTO THE POT!)

June 27, 2020

**TESTING WILL BE VERY LIMITED SHOOT OUTS AND GRUDGE RACES WILL TAKE PRIORITY**

We all still wanted to race and because we had to cancel the EVENT at MID Michigan Mayhem I still wanted to give racers a place to race, and practice there shoot out skills in these two killer tnt shoot outs!

A BIG SHOUT OUT TO Team Z Motorsports / David Zimmerman and Varsity Ford- Ann Arbor / Matt Stafford with everything going on these two sponsors decided to still support the racers and put up some sponsorship dollars on BOTH SHOOT OUTS!

We will be having two shoots outs. First the Varsity ford stop complaining and race street car shoot-out!

$100 buy-in winner takes all $1,000 added to the pot!

No max or minimum car count

And then..

TEAM Z MOTORSPORTS SHUT UP AND PUT UP 315 or smaller shoot-out!
    $200 buy in winner takes all $1,000 added to the pot!
    No max or minimum car count

ENGINE DIAPERS ARE RECOMMENDED!

SUPPORT OUR AMAZING SPONSORS!!!
    THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!

Richards Auto Parts - New Baltimore / RichardsAutoParts.com
    Team Z Motorsports
    Varsity Ford- Ann Arbor
    #LAPEER / #THELID
    www.facebook.com/PaysoProductions Like US!!
    You Have Never Seen Racing Like This...
    Thanks to my sponsors
    TeamZ Motorsports
    Varsity Ford
    Fullthrottlespeed
    Motown Muscle
    Diamond Pistons
    Diamond Fabrication

sounds like lapeer is a better venue huh?
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    sounds like lapeer is a better venue huh?
    You're riding the line of me giving you a few days vacation away from MM and I haven't had to break out the ban stick in a long time but enough is enough(this goes for you and anyone else who wants to clutter up Payso's posts for events with drama bs) so take this as my one and only warning(and who even gets a ban these days?!?!?).

Everyone has their personal opinions about past incidents/tracks/etc. and you continually bring it up in every single track related thread to cause a confrontation with other members vs saying "Hey Payso, thanks for putting on this awesome event!" Leave it alone and move on(the last thing we need is more arguing right now), I'm glad to see what Lapeer has been able to transform itself into compared to what it was years ago and looks like an awesome new facility. We're all lucky to have local tracks to go to still, any track closed/sold in the past few years rarely "stays" a race track and ends up being turned into a housing development etc.

With that being said, glad to see this event going down. I'm going to try to make it out and pick up one of those new killer shirts Payso!!
    Last edited by CMYZ28; 06-12-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Elected Club Official

Btw pitbike is still rocking the sticker with a Szabo addition! 20200612_084538.jpg

I gotta say, I am very glad to see Lapeer up and running this year. The more functioning race tracks we have in the metro area the better. Every single one of them is important.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I gotta say, I am very glad to see Lapeer up and running this year. The more functioning race tracks we have in the metro area the better. Every single one of them is important.

-Geoff
    I agree, drag racing is a dying sport with the younger generation since it takes away from their Xbox/Online/Social Media/etc. time and this is who we need to help keep the sport alive. We can all only do this for so long, there needs to be a generation after us interested in keeping this alive.

BTW Geoff, that's a 1950's Blaupunkt Arkansas Stereo/world radio/turntable in the backdrop :-)
    Last edited by CMYZ28; 06-12-2020 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CMYZ28 View Post
    I agree, drag racing is a dying sport with the younger generation since it takes away from their Xbox/Online/Social Media/etc. time and this is who we need to help keep the sport alive. We can all only do this for so long, there needs to be a generation after us interested in keeping this alive.

BTW Geoff, that's a 1950's Blaupunkt Arkansas Stereo/world radio/turntable in the backdrop :-)
    I bet that sounds incredible!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Default Lapeer international dragway! 6/13 & 6/27

saw some pics from yesterday, forgot there was hellcat final for some $$IMG_2547.jpg
    IMG_2546.jpg

wish I couldve made it out, looked like a fun event
    Last edited by dline; 06-14-2020 at 08:14 AM.
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

A buddy of mine was there and sent me a few videos. The track looks great. I’m going to drag my Magnum up there next year for one of Payso’s events.

Dennis

Club Member

Did Phast hemi take it Dline? Looks like his car out front.

Thread Information