Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's a good battery these days?

I never had an issue with them....good to know
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    I never had an issue with them....good to know
    I hadn't either and buy 99% of my stuff from Advanced.. Wife's old car sat in front of the house for 2 days, went to start.. Dead.. My old Edge drove to work, went to leave.. Dead. Both warm weather, no "slow" start sounds prior etc. Could have just been 2 dud batteries in general who knows!

Thanks all.

I ended up just getting an Interstate from costco for my wife's cherokee for now. It was only $88 and I had gift cards to cover it. Kind of a no-brainer there. I too havent had luck with interstate recently but it's made by Johnson Control like most other and costco has an easy return policy.

I'm tempted to do the same for the others since this battery starts her jeep better than it ever has. She had a Bosch in there that lasted 7 years, pretty impressive, but the cost was prohibitive to do again.
    Last edited by avbcon12; 06-16-2020 at 07:17 AM.
    1990 GT

Quote Originally Posted by avbcon12 View Post
    I'm tempted to do the same for the others since this battery starts her jeep better than it ever has. She had a Bosch in there that lasted 7 years, pretty impressive, but the cost was prohibitive to do again.
    I usually try to be proactive on batteries and get a new one after four or five years if they start acting weird (and mine already is). My Camaro's battery is about 4 year old and nearing the normal end of life. On top of that, my car spent it's first six months on the sales floor at Matick and as far as I could tell it was going dead and getting charged at least once a week. I can only guess what an OEM fit AGM trunk mount is going to cost to replace. It is not like I can put a universal lead/acid back there. Sounds like you are getting off easy!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Just a quick note for everyone, avoid Optima batteries, they're total crap. Had a pile of them sitting at the shop for awhile. Just an overpriced gimmick.
    I like pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Just a quick note for everyone, avoid Optima batteries, they're total crap. Had a pile of them sitting at the shop for awhile. Just an overpriced gimmick.
    Agreed, my last one quit quickly and wouldnt take a charge
    1990 GT

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Gave a guy doing a coyote swap your info last week at the track, not sure it's he's called you yet or not but knew what he was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by CMYZ28 View Post
    Gave a guy doing a coyote swap your info last week at the track, not sure it's he's called you yet or not but knew what he was talking about.
    Thank ya sir, much appreciated!
    I like pie.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    Whatever the lowest CCA battery for the group size is available with the best warranty for cheapest or... Northstar.

Seems like all batteries have gone to shit that aren't stupid expensive. And even some of the stupid expensive ones have gone to shit.
    Why the lowest CCA?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybones View Post
    I just got a new interstate from Costco for my 67.

Here is a link grr456 sent me last night on best batteries.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...icRoyxtXoreK3w
    That is a cool, informative video. Not battery shopping at the moment but the video did make me buy a nice digital battery tester.

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

Thread Information