Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Advice - Regarding my Build

Default Advice - Regarding my Build

I have posted about my issue and build in the other Unnaturally Aspirated section before, well a portion anyways. But, I think its come to advice at this point.

Bone stock, Jeep ran 14.2, felt and performed as expected for location and age.
    Had a shop that came highly recommended for my area to install a low boost twin turbo application. Work looks professional and many others from track to car shows said they like the workmanship.
    BUT, that's where the good stuff stops, 6 months of LIMP mode issues finally resolved as it was their tune. At the track and it finally ran a 14.9 with horrible shift lag.
    Installed a Karma TCM which improved the shifts, but now it runs a 15.3 at best.

Everything feels quick, but something is definitely off. Listening to the engine, no ticks, no dings, not even a belt squeak. But anything more than that and I am at a loss. I purchased an MPVI2 so that I can scan log in the software/hardware they used to tune the vehicle. But I am not getting much out of my tuner in the way of help to figure out the issue.

I'd like to just take it to somebody to have them look it over, go through all the tuning, and see if anything stands out as the issue. But every time, some one gives me info and I send to my original tuner, they have a reason for that issue. Such as the LTFT being at -32 all the time. They say it is because they turned off the O2 sensor for LTFT.

Anyone have any recommendations, suggestions, or trains of thought that could get this brick moving the way it should? I have very few shops with tuning capabilities down my way. And with the vehicle being a 4 wheel on demand, it really needs an AWD dyno.

If anyone wants to see the tune or scan logs, let me know, I have them, but didn't want to post clutter. And I am not looking for a free tune, but definitely willing to pay if a shop thinks they can fix it or solve the issue.
    Last edited by furian76; 07-16-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Forum Member

What are the details of the Jeep - year, model, engine size? You mentioned "down here" - where are you located?

2006 Jeep SRT8, 6.1 Hemi, Kentucky.

Twin rear mounted 67mm turbo, separate oil system, 850 injectors, bigger fuel pump, new plugs, Karma Racing TCM. Tuned using HP Tuner. 2WD Dyno showed 483 at the wheels. They have full video online for this.

Link to other post showing detail.

http://motownmuscle.com/forums/showt...knowledge-help

Did they give you a dyno sheet with A/F that you can post? Just curious to see where it was at and compare it to a stock dyno sheet of an SRT-8 which I am sure I can find 1000 of online.

Tx.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Did they give you a dyno sheet with A/F that you can post? Just curious to see where it was at and compare it to a stock dyno sheet of an SRT-8 which I am sure I can find 1000 of online.

Tx. -Geoff
    Jeep SRT8 - 2006 - CHKNHWK - 2019.jpg

Everyone that has seen this dyno and knows the specs, says this thing should easily be running mid 12's. But I am no where near that at 15.3

Here is a stock 2006 for reference. Not mine.
    11979-2006-Jeep-Cherokee-SRT8-Dyno.jpg
    Last edited by furian76; 07-16-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Man, I wish they would put RPM on the X-axis on that dyno graph instead of MPH. If you look at the boost chart, it doesn't start making boost until 100 mph. Did he go full throttle at 60 mph or kick it down at 100 mph? If he kicked it down at 60, it would mean that your turbos are a restriction from 60-100 mph. Did he pull it through three gears on the dyno? Are those shifts at 90 and 140?

-Geoff

Sorry, just what you wanted - more questions!

honestly, questions are good. Although, I may not have all the answers.
    What I do have is video.

I believe he is manually shifting it through the gears. Your description of the boost kind of makes sense. But I have no way to confirm this really. Main reason I am looking for other inputs and possible another location to go over this thing. Here is the videos of this thing he posted. You can see his shifting.

https://youtu.be/4CFimo934Bg (Dyno)
    https://youtu.be/V5br02Frc1A (Run Down)

I was looking over my build list. It shows a boost controller in this thing. I don't remember seeing one anywhere. I may have to look now. between what you said and the possibility that something hit the controller, maybe the boost is jacked up or something.

Here is a link to the zip file containing the tune and log file if anyone wants to view this stuff.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15AR...ew?usp=sharing
    Last edited by furian76; 07-16-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Thread Information