Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Advice - Regarding my Build

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    Well not really because you don't want the turbos to spin without resistance on the compressor side. I would unhook the exhaust before the turbos so they don't spin and then unhook the charge pipe to the throttle body. The engine alone has to run properly before any boost is added.
    Sadly, before anything was done to it, it was running flawless. Just slowish.

Not too related but how do you like the MPVI2? I've been thinking about getting one to do a PATS delete on my Standalone PCM.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Not too related but how do you like the MPVI2? I've been thinking about getting one to do a PATS delete on my Standalone PCM.
    I’d probably like it a lot more if I knew how to use it to tune my car. But the hardware is top notch. Software is very in depth and free to download. Their help forum is very active as well.

Following some advice I received, I decided to try and squeeze in and around my vehicle and see if anything looks or feels out of place.
    1. Hose going from intake to vacuum block was zip tied, but loosely on the vacuum block side. I could use my pinky to slide it off with little effort. It was kind of cocked sideways. Put clamps on both sides to secure it.
    2. while it turned out not to be a gapping hole like it felt, I do have an exhaust leak where the down pipes meet the new exhaust. the flanges are not the same size and don't fully seal. There is about an 1/8" sliver gap that's about 2 inches long that is puffing out pressure. I thought maybe the bolts were loose, but I tried tightening them and it's definitely just a bad fit. I am going to see if I can get or make a gasket for that this weekend.

Other than those 2 things, Nothing seemed loose or had any visual indicators that something was wrong. Although, I will be asking about things on my purchase list that aren't on my vehicle. Like the boost controller.

Elected Club Official

I see Chickenhawk is in KY, where in KY are you located? We've got a few members down that way who may be able to help out or point you in the right direction.

In Lexington. Chicken Hawk was recommended based on their results from many of their other builds and people I actually know. It may not be something they did that is causing the issue. But maybe something missed. They contacted me today and said they will redo the exhaust to fix that issue. They are also getting with me tonight to try to do some remote viewing on the scanner. To see if something will explain the lack of performance. Willing to get thoughts on anything at this point. As a side note, the video of the dyno run, sounded way better than how its running right now. In regards to how fast the RPM climb was and the shift was. So not sure.

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by furian76 View Post
    In Lexington. Chicken Hawk was recommended based on their results from many of their other builds and people I actually know. It may not be something they did that is causing the issue. But maybe something missed. They contacted me today and said they will redo the exhaust to fix that issue. They are also getting with me tonight to try to do some remote viewing on the scanner. To see if something will explain the lack of performance. Willing to get thoughts on anything at this point. As a side note, the video of the dyno run, sounded way better than how its running right now. In regards to how fast the RPM climb was and the shift was. So not sure.
    Rickety on here is in Lexington along with another buddy, they're mustang guys but may be able to put another set of eyes on it.. I'll send them a text.. That exhaust leak is past turbo return right?

Quote Originally Posted by furian76 View Post
    Those dynojets don't load the engine like the road does, unless they have the "Eddy Current load" option. Most shops don't get that on dynojets.

Nick, it sounds like the leak was between the cats and the exhaust housing on the rear mount turbo - where the cat-back would normally attach. It would definitely effect performance.

-Geoff
    Last edited by WhiteHawk; 07-17-2020 at 02:58 PM.
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Geoff got it right on the money. The flange behind the cats where it connects to the new piping is where the leak is. And it is ahead of the turbos.

This will be a /facepalm moment if this is actually the cause of all of it. On the upside, the shop did say they would fix it without me asking for them to. I think short term, I may throw a gasket on it until I can get it back down to them. But, with them knowing there is an exhaust leak, they should be able to see that reflected on the scanners I would think.

Also, they said I am running watergate springs since the power level is so low. He said once we build a motor, then you would want to have a controller.

My OG Tuner, finally took a look at new logs I ran today. He said as soon as he saw the log, I am making zero boost. It's actually in a vacuum. Says there is a major leak somewhere in the intake from the turbos to the TB. Without having them spool up, it's hard to figure out where the leak is. I pulled on everything I could and nothing felt loose. I am going to look around the intake tomorrow to see if maybe it blew a seal or something. I don't hear anything from up front when under load. But this thing is so loud, I can barely hear the turbos. He said it will also cause a lot of the other issues I am having as well because they are linked to the MAP.

Thread Information