Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Advice - Regarding my Build

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    Modifying cars to go faster is a never ending lifestyle of lost money and time. You make friends as you go and you can't take it personally when failure occurs. Welcome!!! This is how the website started.
    lol. Thank god I started my mods with simple stuff way back. Suspension, sub-frame connectors, drive shafts, and such. I probably would have stopped if I had this many set backs back then. Thankfully, I have time and a little extra money to fix things now days.

OG tuner never showed, took a week to contact me and said he was busy. Another week later he states he was on vacation.

While all this waiting was going on, I was looking into things. Ended up calling TiAL about the BOV and how to identify if real or fake. Turns out, its a real TiAL BOV, BUT, they ordered it with a -2 S/C spring. The tech said I should have a -8 spring (white) based on my application being Turbo and the -15 vac I have in my system.

I told this to the shop in Georgia and they agreed that would definitely be a massive enough leak.

Needless to say, Chicken Hawk will not touch my vehicle again. I will be taking it to Injected Engineering once I can save up enough money. Due to the amount of problems and potential fail points, they need to go over the entire vehicle before doing anything and that will be $1200. I think my final out the door cost if nothing needs to replaced will be about $3k, but it will be worth it to have it running correctly.

Scary part is, if what the Chicken place says is correct, they put enough boost/tune on it to make 483hp even with that massive leak. I am going replace the spring and make sure it is safe to drive it normal so I can take it south. Then have them fix this thing.

TiAL BOV -2.png

It sucks that there are so few shops that you can trust to do a system like what your truck has. The signs were all there at Chickenhawk - I saw them just by looking at the dyno sheets. They should have caught this. More than likely, they looked the other way just to get it out the door. I have never seen a three gear power pull before - that is pretty telling...

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    It sucks that there are so few shops that you can trust to do a system like what your truck has. The signs were all there at Chickenhawk - I saw them just by looking at the dyno sheets. They should have caught this. More than likely, they looked the other way just to get it out the door. I have never seen a three gear power pull before - that is pretty telling...

-Geoff
    Same, but since I am on the side of ignorance a little, it is a semi pricey learning curve. I am hoping that nothing is damaged from all of this. If I can get it working right for less than another $3-$4k, I will be ok with just walking away from them and speaking the truth if anyone asks. But they will get zero good press from my build which is sad on their part. If they reimburse me for the money I spent to find and diagnose the issue, I will call it fair at least. But dang, they should have seen this on their own data logs.

Thread Information