Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Home electrical issue

Agreed, if its one side of the panel you have an issue with your service cable. I had this not too long ago and half the house would completely go out but when you turned on the electric stove the 220 would back feed the other side of the panel and turn everything back on. Call DTE and have them look at it for replacement.

I've seen this when one of the splices on the hot feed lines was loose off the weatherhead(DTE fix)
    ASE Master Certified Technician

Forum Member

I appreciate all the help and comments. I'm giving dte a call tomorrow, I have looked at my box and everything labeled on the right side of the box is everything that's going through these problems. Opening the box up and checking over all the connections made no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sn95_311 View Post
    I appreciate all the help and comments. I'm giving dte a call tomorrow, I have looked at my box and everything labeled on the right side of the box is everything that's going through these problems. Opening the box up and checking over all the connections made no difference.
    Thats what we needed to know. If you have an IR gun pull the box cover and check the temp of the lug for that side of the load center. Compare it to the other side. If they are around the same that is not your issue. It would then be likely on DTE at the Splice, Transformer or possibly the meter box but not likely.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sn95_311 View Post
    If true, the troubling part of that finding is that when looking at the left or right side of the box, the breakers alternate between the 2 hots as you go from top to bottom. So if it really is all, and just, the right side of the box... then I would guess it's not DTE and probably your problem somewhere between the weatherhead and breakers. If DTE was browning out of your 2 hots, then you'd see problems on every other breaker, per side, top to bottom.

I’d check both bars inside the box, make sure all the screws are tight. I had a loose neutral bar that was causing funky stuff to happen. They vibrate loose over time every now and then.

Thread Information