Thread: Steering wheel shaking

Exclamation Steering wheel shaking

I am experiencing that my steering wheel shakes while driving. This situation began two days ago and I can't think of a reason for this. Still I didn't go to a mechanic. Is this a small issue which I can handle? or should I go to a professional mechanic? And what should be the reason for this?

Thank you.

Out of balance wheel/tire, bent wheel, separated belt/tread. Does it happen all the time or just when braking, or turning? Does it change with speed? Did you recently hit a pothole or train tracks hard etc? You can jack the car up and spin the wheel/tire and look for it being out of round but at the end of the day you'll probably need to take it to a shop for a new wheel or tire or rebalance.

All the time or just while braking?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangmike6996 View Post
    Out of balance wheel/tire, bent wheel, separated belt/tread. Does it happen all the time or just when braking, or turning? Does it change with speed? Did you recently hit a pothole or train tracks hard etc? You can jack the car up and spin the wheel/tire and look for it being out of round but at the end of the day you'll probably need to take it to a shop for a new wheel or tire or rebalance.
    It begins with the speed increase. I didn't even have the space to take it for repair because I was quite a bit busy. Yes, of course my front wheel was felled to my garden’s drainage when I tried to reverse. But I don’t think it was the reason. And yes it is advisable to take to the shop anyway. Thanks mustangmike6996.

Thread Information