Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: School me on pwc

Default School me on pwc

I am looking at New PWC. I'd like to stay under $12k I have a 2 place trailer for my 2004 GTI, but I don't know if it is large enough for the newer PWC's.

Iwant a 3 seater, No Turbo, NO Supercharger, 4 stroke PWC! Mainly because of the maintenance of rebuliding the supercharger/turbo after 20 hours

I'm considering the Kawa 12 or 15. What else should I be looking at and why?
    I'm leery about seadoo's.
    What about Yamaha's?
    My understanding is Honda no longer makes Jet skis.

Also, I would like 2 keys. One beginner key and one all out key.

I will use it 80% on inland lakes. I would like to take it to lake St. clair (maybe) one weekend or up north a week each summer.

(Yes I know PWC are sold out in Michigan, but 2021 will be in stores in 2 weeks)
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

I am looking into them as well, https://www.rosenaupowersports.net/ shows they have the ones I am looking for in stock according to the website. What is steering you away from sea doo? This will be my first one.
    R and D racing.

Quote Originally Posted by wikdsvt View Post
    I am looking at New PWC. I'd like to stay under $12k I have a 2 place trailer for my 2004 GTI, but I don't know if it is large enough for the newer PWC's.

Iwant a 3 seater, No Turbo, NO Supercharger, 4 stroke PWC! Mainly because of the maintenance of rebuliding the supercharger/turbo after 20 hours

What about Yamaha's?

I will use it 80% on inland lakes. I would like to take it to lake St. clair (maybe) one weekend or up north a week each summer.

(Yes I know PWC are sold out in Michigan, but 2021 will be in stores in 2 weeks)

How fast are you looking to go? If top speed isn't a need then the older 2 strokes are good. I just sold my 2001 Yamaha XL800. It was a 35-40 MPH ski. The older hulls that are 2-3 seaters are much smaller than the newer hulls. Also, there is a big difference in manufactures as far as how wet of a ride you will have depending on hull/bow design. Yamaha has Powervalves (similar to Seadoo with the Rotax) and can be problematic if it is gummed up/sticking. This basically keeps the exhaust tuned to keep it in the right powerband. Lastly, how much work do you plan to do on the ski yourself/what level of repair are you comfortable with? Some skis have Nikasil coated cylinders so a simple top-end rebuild can be expensive it the head needs the cylinder lining recoated.

With that all said, I have always enjoyed Kawasaki for all my toys. I have 2 standups that are 750 2-strokes, kawi is very simple to work on.

Sold out?!!!!! Hmm it seams everyone on the lake this year for got to read the watercraft law book also . It’s nuts this year
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

... Save your money ...BUY USED for your starter machine ...HUGE DEPRECIATION the second you tow it away from the dealer
    Driven Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    ... Save your money ...BUY USED for your starter machine ...HUGE DEPRECIATION the second you tow it away from the dealer
    Don't buy used right now. Prices are crazy. People are getting 200% + what they had them listed at last year (and didn't sell).
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Sold out?!!!!! Hmm it seams everyone on the lake this year for got to read the watercraft law book also . It’s nuts this year
    So true.

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    The next person I have cut in front of me instead of behind when they clearly don't have the right of way I'm going to throttle up vs down and send a flare at their ass! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by wikdsvt View Post

What about Yamaha's?

There are plenty to choose from and really it all depends on what you find comfortable in speed and ride. I would not let a super charged machine steer me away, if you have ever ridden one they are incredibly quick. I'm not sure where you are getting the 20 hr rebuild from either, seadoo is 100 hrs or more depending on the year produced and the main concern in the rebuild is swapping out the bearings which with some mechanical know how i'm sure you could tackle. I am a Kawasaki stand up guy, I have more than i would like to admit and have ridden many machines. If I were to buy a sit down it would be a sea doo hands down. In our area dee's marine is the best and is who I would be talking to.

Quote Originally Posted by mustangjoe87 View Post
    There are plenty to choose from and really it all depends on what you find comfortable in speed and ride. I would not let a super charged machine steer me away, if you have ever ridden one they are incredibly quick. I'm not sure where you are getting the 20 hr rebuild from either, seadoo is 100 hrs or more depending on the year produced and the main concern in the rebuild is swapping out the bearings which with some mechanical know how i'm sure you could tackle. I am a Kawasaki stand up guy, I have more than i would like to admit and have ridden many machines. If I were to buy a sit down it would be a sea doo hands down. In our area dee's marine is the best and is who I would be talking to.
    I meant 200 hrs..
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

Thread Information