Thread: A/C Question - what is this - AC Delco 4131?

Forum Member

Default A/C Question - what is this - AC Delco 4131?

I am in the process of repairing my '03 Yukon after a front end collision. Before the wreck, A/C worked fine. After the wreck, nada. I see the condenser is visibly warped, so I am making a major assumption that it's the culprit. I will be replacing it and taking it in to be checked out/refilled with refrigerant.

In researching best practices on what needs to be replaced, I noticed that the dryer and orifice screen would be a good idea. When I looked for the orifice screen, I noticed the following...there's no screen, and instead, there's a fitting spliced in - it's got "AC Delco" etched into it, and one of the nuts has the number 4131. See the attached pics. I also have noticed a yellow "Suction line screen installed" sticker on the firewall above it. Googling, I am not finding anything on this part - I assume it's an alternative to the orifice valve and should be replaced, but I can't do that when I can't find it anywhere.

Has anyone seen this? It's the aluminum cylinder that's spliced in via the light blue nuts.

Thanks in advance!!!

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.jpg
    4.jpg

Think there is a bulletin to install the screen after a catastrophic compress failure. I know the hummers and others had it
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Think there is a bulletin to install the screen after a catastrophic compress failure. I know the hummers and others had it
    What's strange is that screen is usually just a screen that's press fit into the A/C line somewhere. This thing is it's own housing. Geoff had found a P/N but everything I can see, that's a standard orifice screen, which I 110% don't have.

Worst case, I may just end up changing out the upper line to a normal one without this doohickey and moving along.

Forum Member

to close the loop...this is it: AC Delco 1510413

Thread Information