Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Lions thread

Forum Member

Gosh, I thought for sure that next season he and the lions would win the Superbowl......

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Will they draft a QB? Zach Wilson, Kyle Trask, Justin Fields, Trey Lance, Mac Jones? I said it last year, they should have grabbed Justin Herbert.
    Almost certainly. This draft class isn't great, so they might get a bridge QB until next class as Trevor Lawrence won't be there when they pick.

There's a lot of teams looking to win now that need a QB. Colts, 49r's, Pats, Steelers.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

Man o man!
    1990 mustang GT 5.0 sold 3-11-04 MISSED

It's gonna be rough for a while. They're going to suck for a while. But we just have to embrace the suck while they rebuild. At least this coach and this GM acknowledge that the Lions are bad, and have been bad for a long time.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

The ultimate irony would be Stafford going to New England after they dropped Brady. The ultimate Epic Irony would be New England in the Super Bowl next year with Stafford playing against Tampa.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Well, I have started to process and deal with my emotions. I hate losing Stafford, but cannot deny the haul. Enjoy Jared Goff, you ingrates. This is going to be a painful couple of years. Anybody who can't see how good Stafford really is, must be REALLY confused as to why the Rams would give up a #1 overall pick that's 7 years younger PLUS two first rounders and a second rounder. Clearly the Rams see how good 9 is. Oh, and remember when you guys bitched about Stafford's contract?

The Lions got (a lot) worse at QB and will pay him $8/mil year more for the next 2 years. Oof.

Rams become immediate SB contenders again. Stafford for MVP.
    Last edited by DetroitStyle; 01-31-2021 at 07:13 AM.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Well I think the Lions won this trade...thats quite the haul and a very bold move by your new GM.

Lets see how Pad Statford does on a good team.

For the Lion's, adding five first round pics instead of three over the next three years should be able to make a HUGE different until 2030 if they draft well with them. This isn't quite the Herschel Walker Trade, but it is pretty close. What do they do with them? QB of the future? No need to rush, you have Goff and double picks for two years. You could draft a first round pic offensive line in the next three drafts and they would all be in their prime for ten years.

And for Stafford, this is his moment. I am not sure if he is still in his prime, but he has potential to be a great QB. Putting up numbers isn't what makes you great, it is putting up wins and making the completion when it really counts. I think Stafford has failed in that aspect the last couple years, but without CJ and a suffering a platoon of running backs, you can't put it all on Matt.

And the NFL, in their wisdom, has scheduled the Lion's to visit the Rams next fall. Who is up for a roadtrip?

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Stafford probably will make it to a Super Bowl now. I’m just convinced the Lions are cursed.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Forum Member

Good riddance to stafford, he'll fit right in kneeling to the national anthem in commiefornia, the rams need to get calvin out of retirement to catch stafford's passes....and lose in the first round of the playoffs, if they even make it...

Thread Information