Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Refinish or replace wheels?

QC are fantastic. They are at a new building once again. Does that include blasting the old ones? i might do mine as well.
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    QC are fantastic. They are at a new building once again. Does that include blasting the old ones? i might do mine as well.
    Good question, I assumed it would as I told him they are peeling like mad. I've got vacation time next week, so I plan on dropping by on Monday and can report back with the specifics.

Forum Member

Curious about this too, I've got a few sets of good wheels that just don't match the car.
    If they're able to refinish them for a decent price, and they'll actually hold up in the nicer months, I may go this route.
    Car doesn't get driven in the snow and salt, so that helps.

Think theres a powdercoating place in highland that dismounts the tires and remounts them also for when the wheels get coated.
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Forum Member

Incredibly cool guys - dropped the wheels off last Monday, they said they are about 3 weeks out. Any of the colors I was interested in (I chose Anthracite) required the clearcoat, so $95/wheel including media blasting.

The bead of these were absolutely terrible and points to a cheap refinish job - so, I am much more comfortable that this will take care of the problem.

Will update once I receive them back, but so far it's looking promising.

ive had stuff done by QC. everytime its fantastic. Cools guys too. thats a great deal.
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    ive had stuff done by QC. everytime its fantastic. Cools guys too. thats a great deal.
    I agree. They have done a great job on everything I have had done there.
    Last edited by capone; 11-30-2020 at 03:57 PM.

For anyone that needs some powder coating done but doesn’t live out on the east side check out Salenbiens in Dundee south of Ann Arbor. John does killer work at extremely reasonable prices. It may not happen every time but I’ve dropped parts off for coating in the morning and picked it up the same day.

Q.C. does excellent work. I had them do some engine compartment tin for my old Volkswagen back in 2003. It still looks great.
    Lately for chassis parts, I have been using Federal Industrial Services (8 Mile & Hoover) for sandblasting and powercoating. They are fast and good enough work for underbody components. I've literally dropped controls arms off and had them back within days. My buddy had them blast and powdercoat the frame on his 1970 Chevrolet C10: they charged $400. I know they do wheels as well but have not had them do a set.

Thread Information