Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car stuck in Canada, A

Quote Originally Posted by lone racer View Post
    Reporting it stolen is not an option, he canceled the insurance on the 5th month knowing it may be there a year+.
    He attempted to cross with a dolly, blood test and all possible needed paperwork BUT after an hour and a half of them looking into him they said because his household has 2 other registered vehicles THAT car is not essential, lol
    At the moment I am unsure of what airport but he did say it’s 4hrs to arrive once crossing.
    Getting a transporter is an option, and they do not have to cross either because he can actually receive it at the duty free and then home free....
    Someone would have been hauling me off to jail, because I wouldn't have handled that conversation the same way. I would've lost it.

The Airport is Pearson.

If he really wants the car back get him to take a vacation....he could fly in to Canada on the premise of visiting family and self quarantine for 2 weeks in a hotel room.

Then he could get his car and drive it home.

Forum Member

This is going to be the most expensive Honda Fit on the planet....

What ever happened to this car?

Just saw a blurb that some other lady has her car still stuck over there in Canada and where it is parked is charging her $3k currently to come get it yet she has no way to come get it due to the border.
    ****MATT*****

My brother in law from Windsor shipped some stuff here last spring from Jegs, and had to hire a shipping company to come across the border and bring it over to Windsor. If anyone wants their car back anytime soon, they are probably going to have to ship it too.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Completely off topic but when my TBSS was stolen (2012) in Toronto and recovered, they had to flatbed it back to Troy. Can't imagine what the insurance paid for that tow bill.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Similar news story, no resolution. Police and embassy don't want to help......

https://www.clickondetroit.com/consu...order-closure/

DETROIT – The continued closure of the U.S.-Canada border during the COVID-19 pandemic has left many families unable to see loved ones in person.

Kim Richardson took an international trip just before the pandemic led to the border closing. She flew out of Toronto to save some money and parked her car in a lot near the airport.

Nearly a year later she still doesn’t have her vehicle back. The owner of the lot wants $3,000 for parking fees, even though Richardson had no physical way of getting her car back. The police won’t assist and the embassy has been slow to respond to her requests for help.

Richardson is looking to her insurance company to assist. Local 4 is working to help her get her vehicle back across the border and resolve the issue.

Drive to the airport & rent a car. Drive a rental car into the airport lot and use the ticket to remove the other car. Leave some lights on, call the rental company and say the battery went dead and you had to use a shuttle, and get the hell out of Canada.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Gearbox View Post
    Drive to the airport & rent a car. Drive a rental car into the airport lot and use the ticket to remove the other car. Leave some lights on, call the rental company and say the battery went dead and you had to use a shuttle, and get the hell out of Canada.
    This sounds like a really good idea, but this isn't the airport parking peoples first rodeo.
    At Detroit Metro Airport, when the car has been parked & "over-due", it is moved to a
    special fenced in impound holding lot.

They aren't going to simply let someone skip out on a $3,000 bill. These companies have
    you over a barrel!

I would rather drive my car through a fence than have it held hostage!

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Gearbox View Post
    Just buy some rare earth magnets, they will trigger the weight sensor. Get a new ticket and drive off, but the issue is you can't even get there sooo unless you know someone in Canada willing to do it for you, you're screwed.

Thread Information