Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Milan Dragway Has Been Sold?

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I tried explaining this to Jennings a few months back, he said I was stupid and knew not ya out what I was talking and that Milan is fine and the rumors are bullshit......

Sooooooooooooo Nicky?
    I don't get involved in gossip and/or rumors or wish ill on any small business owner, I think you forget that I work with small business owners for a living and know how hard they work to try to provide for their families. It's just not classy and I don't have a horse in the race so it's not my business, even if I did know something is not something I'd speak about because it's not my business to share. There's a reason my business owner friends come to me and ask me questions without hesitation.

Business owners don't have the luxury that you do of taking half the year off this year and still getting paid for it. Are some bad? Yes.. Are some good? Yes.. I don't know how anyone could be "happy" for any of the the small business owners that are really struggling this year and don't know anything in detail about the topic of this post.

I felt bad for the bartender when picking up carry-out yesterday and threw her $20 for a glass of water while I waited. Same reason I tipped the girl who cut my hair well today when I saw her appointment's were wide open today/Friday. Everyone's struggling to put food on the table, not just the business owners. How do I know? Oh wait, I physically worked on the government relief programs/PPP processing.

Go drink some more white claws and Tito's, stay off the internet and don't drag me into this.
    Last edited by CMYZ28; 11-25-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Arrow

I meant no ill will for Milan Dragway or its owners.

I know a lot of folks here use this business and it
    is local to my community (I live here).

I simply post it because it is news that could possibly
    affect some folks and thought they would like to know.

I do understand and appreciate what you are saying Nick.

Elected Club Official

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    I meant no ill will for Milan Dragway or its owners.

I know a lot of folks here use this business and it
    is local to my community (I live here).

I simply post it because it is news that could possibly
    affect some folks and thought they would like to know.

I do understand and appreciate what you are saying Nick.
    I'm not saying anyone here isn't entitled to their thoughts/opinions etc. so sorry if it came off that way. It's certainly a hot topic, just hate to see someone say "good riddance" etc. when we're talking about people's livelihoods in general (not Milan specific).. I'm sure there's lots we/business owners would all do differently if we could.

Ronnie Duke is going to break out of prison and buy it.
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

defaulted over $355k?

I will take that out of my retirement and buy it for that amount.
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

Nick, I hear what you are saying. I think a lot of the questions are coming out of concern about the possibility of losing a racetrack more than they are about the owner's fate.

And wikdsvt, I will go in with you 50/50!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Very interesting history of Michigan's drag strips including Milan.

https://dragstriplist.com/michigan

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

Quote Originally Posted by derbydad276 View Post
    I've been boycotting the place since the racers daughter was beat up by the wife of the owner
    Meh - no one is perfect.
    Whom among us hasn't violently assaulted someone for cathartic relief?

Quote Originally Posted by wikdsvt View Post
    defaulted over $355k?
    $355K would seem inexpensive, but how many acres of land do they have and what is land in that area really worth? ($0.25/acre IMO).
    I assume anyone buying the joint is assuming their debts which I suspect is vastly more than $355K. I'm sure there's a long list of vendors they've stiffed.
    If you can get it for $355K free/clear maybe it'd make sense to acquire for personal enjoyment. Hire someone to run a few events to cover taxes/insurance.
    I further suspect that (even pre Wuhan) the track wasn't profitable.
    This isn't my area of expertise, but all I see is headaches ... Insurance .. Taxes .. Payroll .. et al.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
    Meh - no one is perfect.
    Whom among us hasn't violently assaulted someone for cathartic relief?

$355K would seem inexpensive, but how many acres of land do they have and what is land in that area really worth? ($0.25/acre IMO).
    I assume anyone buying the joint is assuming their debts which I suspect is vastly more than $355K. I'm sure there's a long list of vendors they've stiffed.
    If you can get it for $355K free/clear maybe it'd make sense to acquire for personal enjoyment. Hire someone to run a few events to cover taxes/insurance.
    I further suspect that (even pre Wuhan) the track wasn't profitable.
    This isn't my area of expertise, but all I see is headaches ... Insurance .. Taxes .. Payroll .. et al.
    I haven't been to a Friday even in a few years, but when I was those Friday Night events had to be pulling in loads of cash though. It was $20 at the gate cash only, and they had a couple thousand people there? We will never know, though, because my guess is that it was run as a cash business, and not many records were kept.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I haven't been to a Friday even in a few years, but when I was those Friday Night events had to be pulling in loads of cash though. It was $20 at the gate cash only, and they had a couple thousand people there? We will never know, though, because my guess is that it was run as a cash business, and not many records were kept.

-Geoff

100% correct. no way in hell it actually made it on paper at that place. i'd bet 50-75% of the money coming in was "hidden"

Thread Information