Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas snow blower opinions?

Default Gas snow blower opinions?

Hey group, I’m getting ready to purchase a new snow blower and could use YOUR personal experience with your *2 stage* snow blower.
    $800ish range seems typ..but not the max.
    Just curious has anyone bought a snowblower in the last 5 years and had a quality type issue?
    How about one you have beaten year after year and takes it?
    Throws snow across the street?
    That kinda input would be helpful for a few people probably!

Thanks for any input.
    You might not feel it but sure as hell act it

Anything with a Briggs and Stratton engine should be solid. Have had mine for 13 years with no issues. Fires up every winter. Change the oil and go!

A Briggs and Stratton is exactly what I’m going to get, but there is so many reviews on all snow blowers they are all in the same boat review wise. That’s why I figure asking people I know (in a sense) may void any worry or even confirm some issues.

2 stage, electric and pull start. End of discussion.

Your going to want something with a lot more than 5hp is my suggestion. I still use an old 2 stroke snapper I got on Craigslist for $120 10 years ago. It only throws snow about 10ft on a good day. Goodluck!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

I had a 2 stage Ariens for over 20 years & I bought it used ....all I ever did to it was change the oil / spark plug 3 times ... the belts once... and put air in the tires each year ...
    I gave it to my nephew .. and bought a new 5 hp 4 stroke single stage Ariens 3 years ago .. unless you have a mile long drive way or live near Gaylord ... 2 stage is over kill

https://www.ariens.com/en-us/power-e...owers/path-pro
    Last edited by derbydad276; 12-17-2020 at 09:39 PM.
    Driven Crazy

My driveway is between my house and the neighbors garage, my garage is 60’ past the front of the house with no where for snow on one side. I have killed 4 snow blowers by over working them over the last 10 years. 6” turns into 2 feet by time I make 2 passes. I need 2 stage.

Forum Member

2 stage Craftsman with a Tecumseh engine here. My uncle bought it probably around 2000-ish and Ive had it for the past 6-7 years. Changed the belt on it this summer as the old one was stretched and caused it to jam with snow, spark plug and oil change this year too. 2 stage is overkill for my property but it's still nice to have for the deep snow.

I realize this is not at all the question you asked, but just something to think about after my many years battling gas snow blowers: get a tractor with a plow. I spent like $1000 on an used John Deere with a mowing deck, plow, and bagger and it was the best money I ever spent. Snow blowers are just so unreliable.

Just something to consider. Its saved me a ton of time.
    1955 Chevy Bel Air, 327, 4 speed
    2020 CCSB Silverado RST

I total would if I wouldn’t feel like he looks! Lmao. I don’t have enough grass or other uses to justify a tractor, or the room.
    The dude next to me has a huge Ariens I swear 3 stage remote everything, heated grips, light bar you name it-it has it! His garage is up front and has no driveway like mine and after 10 years he still has it BUT I still crack up at him then get pissed because he is done in 5 minutes and still takes me 45 for the same front area. Damb I need a obnoxiously huge snow blower!
    2040BB74-214E-4AE0-9B42-0A86C2E18246.jpeg

Thread Information