Thread: Detroit Free Press Subscription - Anyone have it?

Default Detroit Free Press Subscription - Anyone have it?

Looking to know what this article says? Hoping someone can screen shot it for me.

PLEASE!

Link:
    https://clicktime.symantec.com/3WgJU...F6696379002%2F
    ****MATT*****

They told my wife that her office at Ford was being "Condensed". They have to share with someone else in their group. Still not as aggressive as what GM did - where there are no assigned seats anymore - and they did that before Covid even came around. There is still not enough capacity, though since you can only fill every other desk to keep everyone 6 feet apart. Is Chrysler the only Big 3 left where you can actually have your own desk? If they are - they should use that as part of their recruitment spiel!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Anyone?
    ****MATT*****

And there you have it - the reason print media is going out of business! Keep watching the yahoo news feed, if they put a link on there it links for free.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    And there you have it - the reason print media is going out of business! Keep watching the yahoo news feed, if they put a link on there it links for free.

-Geoff
    A long time ago I used to get both papers, when they were two actual papers. When they consolidated, I went to just the Free Press. When that subscription ran out, I quit getting it altogether. I saw the trend way back then - The ad count and fluff stories which were disguised ads went up while the real reported stories went down. More freebie Associated Press stories or stories taken directly from police reports that didn't require actual reporting. I began noticing grammatical and spelling errors, too. Yes, they had a few real reporters who worked on real stories, but they were few and far between.

I enjoyed reading the papers and enjoyed watching the local news when they had real stories. When the TV stations went from the 30 minute news to the one hour news, it was still decent - But then they went to the 2+ hour programming, it began to suck real bad. That was the beginning of the end - I could watch only about the first 15 minutes of it and that's all. I used to make it it a point to watch the news when it was one hour or less, but just don't care anymore.

I look at the Freep and Detnews lead stories online once in a while. There is rarely anything I want to read, free or not. If there wasn't so much "monkey see, monkey do" copied news bias or non-news stories, I would still be reading the papers. Who wants to read about Shitmer not answering questions, anyway?

Just my .02.....grr

Thread Information