Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ok, so who had Coivid in here?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybones View Post
    I also had it back in Nov and the Vitamin pack of Zinc Magnesium and D seemed to help the most for me. Sense of smell and taste are still not back to 100%.

Oh, welcome back to MM Sona.
    Yes, I've also heard of people treating their symptoms with magnesium. I'm glad to hear you got past the rough parts, but really sorry to hear about your sense of smell taste. Hopefully your nerves/senses will make a comeback. I wonder if there may be some compounds that you use to stimulate your senses back but I'm not sure on that. And Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CMYZ28 View Post
    Brutal! Are you over there FT now or just on a rotation over there? Have a lot of friends that work there along with my wife's practice being there.
    I have been performing my clinical rotations there since last Sept. I really like it there, but I'm inexperienced and simply thrilled to be working again. What department does your wife work there? How does she like it?

Lost my "step" grandma to it early on, she was pretty healthy overall. Mom and her husband got it but luckily I didn't get it after being around them. I've worried more about getting it and passing it on to someone than me getting it so I've kept my bubble pretty small. Wife/brother in law/mother in law/parents are all vaccinated now so I'm the oddball out.
    That is tough, I'm sure nobody wants to lose their Step-Grammy. Did she have any co-morbidities? That's the key consideration with this virus it seems, it has an immense propensity for host transmission, and the evolving mutated strains are getting far more contagious in seems. Sorry to hear about your loss.
    Last edited by COOKIE MONSTER; 02-06-2021 at 10:31 AM.

FOR SALE: 2000 Pontiac Trans Am 4.82@161 PM for details.
    2001 Trans Am: Almost Finished!!!
    2007 C6 Z06 Vette: Coming soon to a track near you
    2004 Duramax: CCSB, 33s, 5" MBRP, Lift Pump, CAI, Tuned by Diesel Addiction

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Lost my "step" grandma to it early on, she was pretty healthy overall. Mom and her husband got it but luckily I didn't get it after being around them. I've worried more about getting it and passing it on to someone than me getting it so I've kept my bubble pretty small. Wife/brother in law/mother in law/parents are all vaccinated now so I'm the oddball out.
    Same. I know my dad misses his grandkids, but I won't chance it. The kids will be fine if they get it. I will PROBABLY be fine. My dad wouldn't survive it. Not worth the chance. FaceTime it is, until this is under control.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Andy, UgH! I cant imagine what you have been thru.... with that said I lost 2 uncles less than a week apart from each other..... Wanda and I had it last month... still cant smell anything.
    motown muscle southern chapter "we find rust free material for the michigan masses"

08 Mustang GT broke but beautiful

99 saturn SL1 with the air box removed for POWER!!!!
    Ford Chrysler or GM it doesent matter to me as long as its domestic.

Has anyone tried the burning of the orange trick to get your senses back?
    SAL

Yes as my daughter told me about it.
    It tasted pretty good but I really did not notice any difference after.

It was odd, sweets and salty were the only 2 flavor profiles that did not change drastically. Give me a mint cookie and I could not taste mint at all. Eating a good steak I could only pick up the seasoning. It was depressing.20210114_191457_resized.jpg20210114_191949_resized.jpg20210114_192505_resized.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    Has anyone tried the burning of the orange trick to get your senses back?
    ****MATT*****

Check out this article from Detroit Free Press:

Warren amputee who helped others with disabilities died of COVID-19

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...19/4450835001/
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Wow very cool article Andy
    SAL

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybones View Post
    Yes as my daughter told me about it.
    It tasted pretty good but I really did not notice any difference after.

It was odd, sweets and salty were the only 2 flavor profiles that did not change drastically. Give me a mint cookie and I could not taste mint at all. Eating a good steak I could only pick up the seasoning. It was depressing.20210114_191457_resized.jpg20210114_191949_resized.jpg20210114_192505_resized.jpg
    Have you got your senses back? My girlfriends been since Christmas without hers and starting to get paranoid that she won't get then back
    SAL

For the most part YES. I would say I am about 95% with sense of smell. Took a long time though. I had it back around Thanksgiving and really by end of January it was coming back. I was also a bit freaked out. The orange trick did not work.
    ****MATT*****

I got it the week before Halloween, unfortunately gave it to OJ and my neighbor the night I started coughing. My wife and 2 year old got it too but never showed symptoms. I lost my smell and my taste changed to where stuff was extra salty, so I didn’t eat much. Had pretty much just fevers for about two weeks. Then back to normal. I still have only about 25% smelling power. Don’t really notice it much though. Just spent 2 months in Florida not really wearing masks and didn’t catch it again though, so I assume I’ve still got antibodies.
    Matt -
    2010 Boost Logic GT-R
    1983 Ford Fairmont

Thread Information