Thread: Airplane Hits Car...

Exclamation Airplane Hits Car...

3 dead, 1 injured after plane crash in Pembroke Pines neighborhood

PEMBROKE PINES, FLA. (WSVN) - Three people are dead, including a boy, and a woman was injured after a plane crashed in a Pembroke Pines residential area near North Perry Airport.

Pembroke Pines Police and Fire Rescue crews responded to the scene near Southwest 72nd Avenue and 13th Street in Pembroke Pines, at around 3 p.m., Monday.

According to Pembroke Pines Fire Rescue, two people were on board the Beechcraft Bonanza at the time of the crash. Both were pronounced dead at the scene.

Federal Aviation Administration investigators said the Beechcraft was forced to turn back around towards North Perry Airport shortly after takeoff. The aircraft collided with an SUV a few hundred feet short of the runway after it clipped a power line.

A woman and a young boy, who were inside the SUV, were taken to Memorial Regional Hospital with traumatic injuries. Pembroke Pines Fire Chief Marcel Rodriguez confirmed the boy died from his injuries late Monday evening.

Aerial footage showed the woman was conscious and alert while she was being placed in the back of an ambulance. The child was pinned inside of the car and had to be freed by firefighters.

“I’ve never seen anything like this in my life,” Salah Elshaer, who called 911, said. “The car literally looks like it’s just in half. I was thinking about the pilot’s family. It’s so sad, and I saw the people over there. They were hurt, and it’s shocking.”

One woman said she had arrived home minutes before the plane went down. She added her children were in the front yard at the time the incident happened, but they are OK and were not injured.

“We heard like a bomb, like a tremendous noise, and we went outside, and everything was on fire,” resident Annabel Fernandez said. “Everything was bad, and you know, it got to a car. The plane could have, you know, got us all, and I’m very– we’re in shock.”

The impact was captured on a nearby home’s Ring camera. Aerial footage shows the burned plane and the damaged SUV involved.

Graphic airplane crashing into car...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFivbhqDijs&t=48s

https://wsvn.com/news/local/3-dead-1...-neighborhood/

Wow so sad.

That is insanely terrible, the odds of that happening are so low yet it still happened.

Unbelievable...
    Another proud member of Dang-o Racing!!

Thread Information