Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RPM act...

You have communicated with the following:
    Senator Debbie Stabenow (email)
    Senator Gary Peters (email)
    Representative Haley Stevens (email)

Andy Levin auto replied and it made me realize why I want to see more politicians dead err I mean voted out.....

Haley Stevens is in support of it, also, fill out the survey in her link and mention about gun rights "shall not be infringed"......

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me regarding the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports (RPM) Act. As a cosponsor of this legislation in the 116th Congress, I appreciate the important contributions of our vibrant performance motor sports culture in southeast Michigan.

For decades, automotive enthusiasts have modified street vehicles into race cars used exclusively at closed race tracks. The RPM Act would permanently exempt racecars from regulations under the Clean Air Act. This bill has not yet been reintroduced in the 117th Congress, but I will continue working to see this important legislation passed into law to protect our region’s automotive heritage.

Thank you again for contacting me about this issue. It is an honor to represent Michigan’s 11th District in Congress and I will work to ensure that my constituents’ voices are heard in Washington. Please visit Stevens.House.Gov/surveyMI11 to continue our conversation and stay in touch."

I have all the same reps, they arent going to do anything helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    I sent it off months back.

same

Dear Matthew,

Thank you for contacting me about the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act. I appreciate you taking the time to express your views. Hearing directly from Michiganders like you helps inform me of the issues that matter to our state. I’m so grateful for your input.

In July 2015, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed a rule that would establish greenhouse gas emissions and fuel efficiency standards for medium and heavy duty engines and vehicles. Strong fuel-efficiency standards are crucial to saving consumers’ money, reducing dependency on foreign oil, and protecting public health and our environment. However, I had heard from a number of Michiganders who were concerned that the proposed rule could potentially have a negative impact on amateur motorsports. EPA’s final rule was issued in October 2016 without the proposed language that had created confusion.

I was pleased to see this correction, but continue to share the concerns of Michiganders about the potential for legal uncertainty regarding vehicles used solely for motorsports and the potential adverse impacts on the motorsports industry in Michigan. This is why last Congress I cosponsored the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act. This bill would exclude vehicles used solely for competition from certain emission regulations and anti-tampering provisions in the Clean Air Act, but would retain the EPA’s authority to regulate and oppose defective devices in vehicles on our public roads and highways. This bill was not considered in the Senate in the 116th Congress. I will be sure to keep your views in mind should similar legislation be introduced in the 117th Congress and I will continue supporting policies that protect the environment while promoting Michigan’s automotive culture.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please don’t hesitate to reach out again if there’s something else you’d like to share with me. I always enjoy hearing directly from Michiganders. For more information, please feel free to visit my website, http://www.peters.senate.gov, or find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @SenGaryPeters.

Sincerely,

Gary C. Peters
    United States Senator
    ****MATT*****

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybones View Post
    Dear Matthew,

Thank you for contacting me about the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act. I appreciate you taking the time to express your views. Hearing directly from Michiganders like you helps inform me of the issues that matter to our state. I’m so grateful for your input.

In July 2015, the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) proposed a rule that would establish greenhouse gas emissions and fuel efficiency standards for medium and heavy duty engines and vehicles. Strong fuel-efficiency standards are crucial to saving consumers’ money, reducing dependency on foreign oil, and protecting public health and our environment. However, I had heard from a number of Michiganders who were concerned that the proposed rule could potentially have a negative impact on amateur motorsports. EPA’s final rule was issued in October 2016 without the proposed language that had created confusion.

I was pleased to see this correction, but continue to share the concerns of Michiganders about the potential for legal uncertainty regarding vehicles used solely for motorsports and the potential adverse impacts on the motorsports industry in Michigan. This is why last Congress I cosponsored the Recognizing the Protection of Motorsports Act. This bill would exclude vehicles used solely for competition from certain emission regulations and anti-tampering provisions in the Clean Air Act, but would retain the EPA’s authority to regulate and oppose defective devices in vehicles on our public roads and highways. This bill was not considered in the Senate in the 116th Congress. I will be sure to keep your views in mind should similar legislation be introduced in the 117th Congress and I will continue supporting policies that protect the environment while promoting Michigan’s automotive culture.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please don’t hesitate to reach out again if there’s something else you’d like to share with me. I always enjoy hearing directly from Michiganders. For more information, please feel free to visit my website, http://www.peters.senate.gov, or find me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @SenGaryPeters.

Sincerely,

Gary C. Peters
    United States Senator
    Sounds like I’ll be pulling the plates off my 85.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

What I'd like to know is if the EPA got their way on this, will manufacturing performance parts still be legal for pre-1975 vehicles? Or does it shut it down for everything?
    -Joel
    95 Z28 6 Speed 373rwhp
    84 K10 4 Speed bitchin 305
    02 Z71

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

My question is will this apply to the year of the engine? Lotsa people have put newer motors in old cars. Coyote and LS swaps.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

Thread Information