Thread: Looking for some help

Default Looking for some help

I am hoping someone can help me out. I have a family member going in for surgery and will be out of commission for about 3 months.

He has a small dog, a 20 lb Terrier mix. He's a sweetheart great with and other small dogs.

He does have doggie diabetes and needs a shot twice a day, but its easy to do and he doesn't mind the shot. I would do it but he is afraid of my 85 lb Sheppard mix who is very much a puppy at 4 years old. Please let me know if you or someone else can help out with fostering him.

All necessary supplies will be provided. I just don't want to board him for that long, its not fair to him and its VERY costly. Thanks in advance!toby.jpg
    Last edited by loosenut; 08-13-2021 at 01:43 PM.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Wish I could help - traveling too much right now to foster for three consecutive months.
    Prayers your friend recovers from surgery.
    For anyone worried about giving a diabetic dog a shot - there's really nothing to it.
    Think of how many heroin addicts there are and how mind numbingly stupid they are ..
    But seriously, my resident watch dog, a Super Puggle of great distinction, now mostly resigned to wearing a visor while smoking a cigar while playing cards and availing himself to protracted siestas on my office couch is diabetic .. It takes 20-30 seconds to fill a syringe.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by mdhmi View Post
    Wish I could help - traveling too much right now to foster for three consecutive months.
    Prayers your friend recovers from surgery.
    For anyone worried about giving a diabetic dog a shot - there's really nothing to it.
    Think of how many heroin addicts there are and how mind numbingly stupid they are ..
    But seriously, my resident watch dog, a Super Puggle of great distinction, now mostly resigned to wearing a visor while smoking a cigar while playing cards and availing himself to protracted siestas on my office couch is diabetic .. It takes 20-30 seconds to fill a syringe.
    Thanks. He couldn't care less about the shot. Just give him his treat, a frozen green bean and it goes on the scruff of his neck. He doesn't even flinch.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Thread Information