Thread: Anyone do vehicle wiring?

Forum Member

Default Anyone do vehicle wiring?

Doing an ls swap in an 02 blazer xtreme. I've got the stand alone in and just about wired up. What I'm having an issue with is the original vehicle wiring now, when I hook up power I originally got nothing but I found a ground in the original harness and now I get the fuel pump prime and just about everything else working. But it's acting really weird, almost like the BCM isn't getting full power or there's another ground I'm missing. I am running dual processors, 1 for the stand alone and 1 for the vehicle itself.

Anyway I'm tired of fucking with it, I've spent 3 days and 2 trips to the junkyard and got nowhere.

Anyone know their shit when it comes to wiring? I'll gladly pay for your services. I'm located in Dearborn

Forum Member

I would also be cool with having everything setup on separate switches if that would make things easier.

Since Joe stopped doing wiring I have no idea who does this kind of stuff anymore. Post up if you find someone. Probably not going to be cheap though!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

my buddy in sterling heights, just wired up a standalone transmission, in a 14 ram, seem pretty involved, I bet he could help.
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    my buddy in sterling heights, just wired up a standalone transmission, in a 14 ram, seem pretty involved, I bet he could help.
    I might have some work for him in the near future if he's interested.

Quote Originally Posted by sn95_311 View Post
    Doing an ls swap in an 02 blazer xtreme. I've got the stand alone in and just about wired up. What I'm having an issue with is the original vehicle wiring now, when I hook up power I originally got nothing but I found a ground in the original harness and now I get the fuel pump prime and just about everything else working. But it's acting really weird, almost like the BCM isn't getting full power or there's another ground I'm missing. I am running dual processors, 1 for the stand alone and 1 for the vehicle itself.

Anyway I'm tired of fucking with it, I've spent 3 days and 2 trips to the junkyard and got nowhere.

Anyone know their shit when it comes to wiring? I'll gladly pay for your services. I'm located in Dearborn
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Since Joe stopped doing wiring I have no idea who does this kind of stuff anymore. Post up if you find someone. Probably not going to be cheap though!

-Geoff
    Joe (Duke) did say he will still be doing some smaller side jobs. Try to message him.

Club Member

I needed a wire harness for my 3rd gen F-body LS swap as Joe was winding his shop down. He was not able to take on the work but was kind enough to research a few different harness companies for me and wound up recommending Wiring Specialties. I can't offer my opinion yet because the harness is still in the box. I have been lazy this spring but I should be installing it within the next week or two and give you my thoughts on it then. It looks very high quality, though. I can also tell you that there were a couple of items that could have been done more than one way and rather than just guessing, they called me to ask more details about my specific setup and went through the options with me. Knowing that I am not a wiring expert, they walked me through the pros and cons of the different options. I was pretty impressed with that.

https://www.wiringspecialties.com/
    Scott

Thread Information