Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid.. your opinion....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7680614/

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this science?

Copied from the site:

Conclusion
    The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death. Governments, policy makers and health organizations should utilize prosper and scientific evidence-based approach with respect to wearing facemasks, when the latter is considered as preventive intervention for public health.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

That’s from Stanford University btw.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Club Member

Whitmer can visit her sick Father.....I am glad you asked how. Her Father is in Florida and Florida is opened, unlike Michigan's nursing homes and hospitals.

So, those of you who weren't able to visit your loved ones while they were ill and alone, lets all be thankful that Whitmer can visit her family.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...er/7294359002/

Another thing that frustrated me about the restrictions. Luckily our chain stores don't monitor people anymore and self check out pays unlimited cash back. However back before Christmas talk to someone at the recycling center up here. They service 3 or 4 counties up here in northern Michigan and they said they have crushed and recycled over a million dollars of returnable cans. Where does this surplus of money go? How many people in the larger populated areas and just dumping their cans because it is too much of a PITA to return them right now. I know the bottle returns up here have a 1 person at a time limit. It doesn't get followed, but I can't imagine the bottle return issues in wayne county.

This article is from May 2020 and no updated articles have been posted since. So almost a year ago $50,000,000 in can deposits were not redeemed.

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/corona...e-can-deposits

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    So if your girlfriend might have aids and don’t tell you before sex it’s ok? Wouldn’t you like to know so you can decide for yourself if you want to go down that road? Exactly.
    Trump didn't give me covid, so that's a pretty lousy attempt at equivalence. If Trump said AIDs would disappear, then I would probably refer to a doctor for actual medical advice.
    It wasn’t me who said Republicans are uneducated lol, I’m pretty sure chump himself said he like his supporters that way( congratulations)
    "We won the evangelicals. We won with young. We won with old. We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated,” before exclaiming “I love the poorly educated!". Democrats win almost every major city, the same places with the highest rates of illiteracy and high school dropouts. Let's not pretend Democrats don't absolutely love that demographic.

I guess we can all just chug some bleach or stick a uv light up our ass and hope for the best. Lmfao do what your daddy says
    I'm not sure why so many people keep acting like Trump told anyone to do either of those things. He was taking to a doctor and asked if those things were possibilities (never said bleach at all). Do Democrats really not understand the difference between statements and questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
    I'm not sure why so many people keep acting like Trump told anyone to do either of those things. He was taking to a doctor and asked if those things were possibilities (never said bleach at all). Do Democrats really not understand the difference between statements and questions?
    They don't read past the headline, or they say whatever the CNN guy said. The collective stupidity of the anti-Trump crew is not even worth trying to argue, it is like clapping with one hand.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7680614/

What’s everyone’s thoughts on this science?

Copied from the site:

Conclusion
    The existing scientific evidences challenge the safety and efficacy of wearing facemask as preventive intervention for COVID-19. The data suggest that both medical and non-medical facemasks are ineffective to block human-to-human transmission of viral and infectious disease such SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19, supporting against the usage of facemasks. Wearing facemasks has been demonstrated to have substantial adverse physiological and psychological effects. These include hypoxia, hypercapnia, shortness of breath, increased acidity and toxicity, activation of fear and stress response, rise in stress hormones, immunosuppression, fatigue, headaches, decline in cognitive performance, predisposition for viral and infectious illnesses, chronic stress, anxiety and depression. Long-term consequences of wearing facemask can cause health deterioration, developing and progression of chronic diseases and premature death. Governments, policy makers and health organizations should utilize prosper and scientific evidence-based approach with respect to wearing facemasks, when the latter is considered as preventive intervention for public health.
    https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...cks-evidence-/

My thoughts are that this exactly the problem. It’s not “from Stanford”... it’s an unvetted hypothesis paper that has been widely debunked. But still gets spread around because a lot of right wingers are desperate to find anything that contradicts anything Democrats say.

I’ll ask you this. Say your mom/dad goes in for open heart surgery. You see the surgeon and nurses walking in to operate. They aren’t wearing any masks. You OK with that?

Yes or no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Default Covid.. your opinion....

Honestly, the fact that there are people who think masks are completely ineffective against the spread of viruses is so asinine it’s mind boggling. It’s physics on the most basic basic level. It’s a physical barrier that either stops, slows or reduces the amount of virus carrying particles one person potentially transmits to another.

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Default Covid.. your opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
    I will never understand people that complain that a President DIDNT tell people to panic.
    As far as Trump dissolving the pandemic team, they didn't get rid of the team. They restructured it and integrated it into the NSC. Even USA Today reported that it was a half truth.
    If you lived on the coast and the government got word that there was a massive earthquake under the ocean... would want the President to go on TV and say it’s OK, everything’s going to be fine... and then be OK with thousands being killed by the tsunami that science said was coming? Would “well, I didn’t want people to panic” be an acceptable reason why he didn’t strongly suggest if not insist the public to take necessary precautions?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Honestly, the fact that there are people who think masks are completely ineffective against the spread of viruses is so asinine it’s mind boggling. It’s physics on the most basic basic level. It’s a physical barrier that either stops, slows or reduces the amount of virus carrying particles one person potentially transmits to another.

Masks aren't filters that are fine enough to catch the virus, so this statement is 100% bullshit. You should really ask the three million people that your population density math says live in the UP, though, they will set you straight!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information