Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid.. your opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    If you lived on the coast and the government got word that there was a massive earthquake under the ocean... would want the President to go on TV and say it’s OK, everything’s going to be fine... and then be OK with thousands being killed by the tsunami that science said was coming? Would “well, I didn’t want people to panic” be an acceptable reason why he didn’t strongly suggest if not insist the public to take necessary precautions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If there was a Tsunami that could possibly kill 1% of the population, I wouldn't want a President telling everyone that we are all going to die and the entire world needs to go to higher ground...except of course the people that live right on the beach (like sticking the elderly in Covid infested nursing homes).

Im not sure how someone that spent decades riding a motorcycle knowing the odds of being killed were 30 times higher than if he drove a car, is terrified of a virus that has very low likelihood of killing you.

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Masks aren't filters that are fine enough to catch the virus, so this statement is 100% bullshit. You should really ask the three million people that your population density math says live in the UP, though, they will set you straight!

-Geoff
    So, again... when you go in for open heart surgery... you’re cool with the surgeons and nurses not wearing masks. That’s your stance?

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrage View Post
    If there was a Tsunami that could possibly kill 1% of the population, I wouldn't want a President telling everyone that we are all going to die and the entire world needs to go to higher ground...except of course the people that live right on the beach (like sticking the elderly in Covid infested nursing homes).
    Didn’t answer the question

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Didn’t answer the question

I think I did. A Presidents job is to reassure the public, not cause panic in the public. If he was mobilizing rescue efforts while at the same time telling the public "It will all be fine", then yes, I would be fine with that.

Default Covid.. your opinion....

Im not sure how someone that spent decades riding a motorcycle knowing the odds of being killed were 30 times higher than if he drove a car, is terrified of a virus that has very low likelihood of killing you.
    See, again with the rhetoric. The macho Trumpism mentality that playing it smart = being a scared pussy.

Yeah, I ride a motorcycle. That’s my choice and I know and accept the inherent risks that I bring upon MYSELF by doing so. I also wear proper gear at all times and I know that my decision to ride a motorcycle doesn’t increase the risk of anybody else on the road.

If not wearing a mask or not getting the shot only meant an increased risk to that particular person, your analogy would make sense. But that’s the problem. People are selfish as fuck and apparently don’t care that their non-masking, gathering in groups, etc increases the risk of Covid for every other person they come in contact with .

Last edited by DetroitStyle; 04-20-2021 at 12:20 PM.

I think I did. A Presidents job is to reassure the public, not cause panic in the public. If he was mobilizing rescue efforts while at the same time telling the public "It will all be fine", then yes, I would be fine with that.
    He could have mitigated panic by presenting people with the facts, encouraging safe behavior and also mobilizing.

I’ll give him credit for the mobilizing part. He got the vaccines and ventilators handled. He failed on the other aspects though.

See, again with the rhetoric. The macho Trumpism mentality that playing it smart = being a scared pussy.

Yeah, I ride a motorcycle. That’s my choice and I the inherent risks that I bring upon MYSELF being doing so. I also wear proper gear at all times and I know that my decision to ride a motorcycle doesn’t increase the risk of anybody else on the road.

If not wearing a mask or not getting the shot only meant an increased risk to that particular person, your analogy would make sense. But that’s the problem. People are selfish as fuck and apparently don’t care that their non-masking, gathering in groups, etc increases the risk of Covid for every toy they come in contact with .

Again, you chose to do something high risk every day because you enjoy it. Other people that want to continue living life are selfish. Everyone has the option to NOT be near anyone if they are fearful of Covid, in addition, there is no one telling other people they can not wear a mask or get the vaccine. If someone chooses to walk around mask-less and refusing the vaccine, the people that are choosing to "social distance" wear masks and get vaccinated have nothing to worry about do they?

Again, you chose to do something high risk every day because you enjoy it. Other people that want to continue living life are selfish. Everyone has the option to NOT be near anyone if they are fearful of Covid, in addition, there is no one telling other people they can not wear a mask or get the vaccine. If someone chooses to walk around mask-less and refusing the vaccine, the people that are choosing to "social distance" wear masks and get vaccinated have nothing to worry about do they?
    Things will be much better when everybody who wants a vaccine has one... but we are months away from that. It’s just a numbers thing. I’m not saying it has to be this way forever, but literally another 2-4 months of this... would save a lot of lives. It’s already getting better with the vaccine slowly being phased in.

Default Covid.. your opinion....

For the record, I’ve had my first shot, second shot in 10 days... at that point, being fully vaccinated, I know MY risk for Covid related illness/death is very low. That having been said, even though I’m at low risk, I will continue to wear a mask for at least another few months so that I don’t potentially spread it to somebody who hasn’t had a chance to get their shot yet. That’s what responsible people do.

After that point, when I’m confident that all of those who want a vaccinate got a vaccine... I will stop wearing a mask. And people who don’t get vaccinated get sick that’s on them.

Thread Information