Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Covid.. your opinion....

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Let me be clear, I was not ignoring this question. I had not logged on since you asked it.

No I wouldn’t be happy. There is a massive difference between having your body opened up and being in an open parking lot and not wearing a mask. Let me ask you this, is it ok for a surgeon to wear a mask but not gloves or a bunny suit? Again, surgery, body being open etc.

So I ask what people thought of that article I posted, and because I even question whether masks are effective or not, it means I’m anti mask? I’ve never once been reminded to wear a mask during this pandemic (thanks to the Chinese Government for not warning the world ASAP) because I have been required to wear one at work since last March and stores require them. I understand a business sets policies and I respect them. If I don’t like it, I simply won’t shop there.
    Respect for a legit answer. Apologize for assuming you ignored it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Respect for a legit answer. Apologize for assuming you ignored it.

Not a problem. Btw I’ve mentioned on here somewhere, I think it’s the coronavirus thread in the politics section, that I wear masks also due to the fact that they could be super effective. I just am not sure. In confined spaces? I’d bet on it. When you’re sick as hell and coughing or sneezing all the time? Yep, helps there too. I’ve had to remind people that during flu season if you have a doctor appointment and have symptoms or a cough etc, they request you wear a mask prior to arrival. This applies to having an appointment for strep throat symptoms too. So masks aren’t new in that aspect.

But sometimes I feel like what if masks are just to make people feel like they’re doing something, when in reality it makes no difference if you aren’t sick. People would freak the hell out if we were told there is nothing you could do.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Do I think masks are foolproof? Absolutely not
    Do I think they help? Absolutely

Same goes for social distancing, lockdowns (to an extent), and a general increasing of clean health practices.

However, the BIGGEST deterrent to the spread is where we have failed the most... and that's being responsible about tracking exposures and self quarantining... I have had a coworker take his son to get tested (because he lost his sense of smell and taste), then text us that his kid was positive... and then he went to work the next day. LIKE, WTF? You literally have your child, in your house, in your car, etc... confirmed positive, and you come to work the next day?
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Same goes for social distancing, lockdowns (to an extent), and a general increasing of clean health practices.

However, the BIGGEST deterrent to the spread is where we have failed the most... and that's being responsible about tracking exposures and self quarantining... I have had a coworker take his son to get tested (because he lost his sense of smell and taste), then text us that his kid was positive... and then he went to work the next day. LIKE, WTF? You literally have your child, in your house, in your car, etc... confirmed positive, and you come to work the next day?
    That's not what the data says. We did all that, got a huge spike anyways. So bad that DC is telling us to lockdown again. The stuff we are doing today, we were doing when the spike occurred. It didn't stop much of anything. How many businesses should be bankrupted because it might work? Because data says it didn't. Whitmer and the dems have been lying the whole time. They never knew, it's always been a guess. They guessed wrong.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

I have had 3 times in the last school year where one of my kids sat within 6ft of a kid who tested positive. So they sit all day by this kid, now they have to stay home for 2 weeks because of close contact. The health department tells me that my wife, other kids and myself can go to school and work because we are considered 3rd party contact, even after spending all weekend around our close contact kid. However the kid who tested positive is allowed to return to school after 10 days.

So I drop my kid off at school, at the principal is asking me questions about if my kid had any symptoms during their quarantine. I said nope, she must be asymptomatic. The look on her face was epic.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Just curious, did your employer know prior to him showing up? Did he attempt to call off but was told to come in?

One thing I can say is maybe hand washing as a whole is more popular after all this shit.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by H.O. Driver View Post
    I have had 3 times in the last school year where one of my kids sat within 6ft of a kid who tested positive. So they sit all day by this kid, now they have to stay home for 2 weeks because of close contact. The health department tells me that my wife, other kids and myself can go to school and work because we are considered 3rd party contact, even after spending all weekend around our close contact kid. However the kid who tested positive is allowed to return to school after 10 days.

So I drop my kid off at school, at the principal is asking me questions about if my kid had any symptoms during their quarantine. I said nope, she must be asymptomatic. The look on her face was epic.

Did you get your kid tested?

Did you get your kid tested?

Nope, no symptoms. Michigan health department said no need to unless symptoms start happening.

Thread Information