Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid.. your opinion....

Sal, sorry to hear. That's terrible.

I think in the end, people like Whitmer - who claimed to believe science - need to start believing science. Science and math say that you get about the same results with or without a lockdown. Maybe that is why Whitmer isn't locking us down again, maybe she is admitting what the data has been telling us all along.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Forum Member

Or maybe she's been in "open it up" mode ever since Grandpa Joe got into the white house. No one else thinks it's pretty coincidental that she was in full lockdown, make-it-painful mode during Trumps term, and seems to have done a 180* about face since Biden has been in office.

but yea, I'm sure it's all about science and math.

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    The only reason we had to legislate is because people are stupid. If you pretend everyone is a zombie waiting to infect you and you self-isolated when you felt any semblance of being sick then this would not have been a problem. But humans are lazy, dirty, disgusting, and don't give a shit about anyone but themselves.
    Wow, not a very high opinion or whole lot of compassion for your brothers/sisters or the human race in general. Seems some think it is a good thing we have the spectacular government to watch over us and creating a nanny state, because no one is smart enough to think on their own. That is except for the politicians, of course...

Long live the king....

Just my .02....grr
    Last edited by grr456; 04-11-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    What sucks is this stay at home order in the beginning got to me.. my sister was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer 2 years ago....
    With the whole stay at home, no gatherings order, we didn't get to celebrate all last year our birthdays, 4th of July, Easter, thanksgiving, Christmas, typical Italian Sunday family dinners..All because the powers to be said "No gatherings now so next holiday you can spend it with your loved ones".......
    Sadly my 54 year old sister died 2 weeks ago and never got to spend ANY of those last special days with her... I've never felt such burning anger in my life because we were told not to do something, you can do it next time... Well governor Whitmer, My family didn't get that fucken chance! Only time I said fuck you im not listening to your fucken antics is when I was holding my sisters hand for 2 days as she laid there dying!
    Not how I wanted to "spend the next time with your family" type of deal!
    Sorry I ranted on but soon as I can "peacefully" write a letter to the powers to be, I will let them know how I feel

Attachment 86813

Sal, I am so very, very sorry for your and the family's great loss of your beautiful sister.

15 years ago we lost my brother Adam to colon cancer, he was 44.
    I took these photos of him 2 months before he died.

As bad as his last 11 months of life were, we didn't have to deal with
    all this COVID crap, frankly, it would have drove me crazy & possibly
    over the edge. My heart goes out to you & your family!

Adam 1 - 1 .jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Gearbox View Post
    That Dr from John Hopkins said they believed that half of the US population already has had it and with most the population getting vaccinations he expected it to disappear.
    Weird Mich being one of the most lock down states and yet the highest rate of active cases.
    Also reading today the Fed's have offered Michigan a increase in vaccines and they have yet to take them. Seems they are struggling with distributions and leaving available batches going unclaimed.
    Check out this article from The Detroit News:

Whitmer to keep pressing White House for more vaccines

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...es/7181219002/ Seems like Michigan is asking and not receiving the extra doses they need.

Sorry for your loss Sal.

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    Check out this article from The Detroit News:

Whitmer to keep pressing White House for more vaccines

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...es/7181219002/ Seems like Michigan is asking and not receiving the extra doses they need.
    Why did Whitmer let it get so bad?

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    Sal, I am so very, very sorry for your and the family's great loss of your beautiful sister.

15 years ago we lost my brother Adam to colon cancer, he was 44.
    I took these photos of him 2 months before he died.

As bad as his last 11 months of life were, we didn't have to deal with
    all this COVID crap, frankly, it would have drove me crazy & possibly
    over the edge. My heart goes out to you & your family!

Adam 1 - 1 .jpg
    Wow so young! So sorry!
    SAL

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Why did Whitmer let it get so bad?
    Because there was such a hatred of Trump, their blinders prevented them for looking at the real science. As soon as he mentioned 'herd immunity', those words were immediately banned. The states which were completely locked down were doing worse than the ones which weren't. BUT, because the states which weren't completely locked down were primarily Republican states and/or Trump supporter states, they wanted nothing to do with what rules those states were doing.

States like Michigan and New York still want that almighty power to do whatever they wanted to and to make sure the minions like you and I knew it, too. They continued to put Covid positive patients within senior facilities and to not only continue to lie about it, they also lied about the death counts. They are still denying about the death counts.

The bottom line is because of their short sightedness, it is coming around to bite them in the fannies. They still don't believe it is their fault, but most reasonable people know it is their fault. They want to try the same crap over and over, but until they try something different, you will end up with the same result and the losses will continue to grow....

I think Einstein said “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”

I am pretty sure our governor is falling into this category.

Just my .02....grr

I am so very sorry for your loss Sal! Beautiful young woman gone way to soon!
    ****MATT*****

Thread Information