Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid.. your opinion....

Quote Originally Posted by mikesfastss View Post
    I see someone forgot or didn’t see the bob woodward interview when trump said he was down playing it, imagine how different things could be if he addressed it then? Or didn’t dissolve the pandemic team Obama had in place? Addressing the issue a month sooner could have been huge. Oh and p.s FUCK Trump
    Fauci played it down, he was Trump's top advisor. My example of Trump canceling flights from China while Pelosi invited people to Chinatown disproves your entire Trump hating narrative.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by grr456 View Post
    The Trump Haters new favorite president is allowing diseased, unvaccinated and unvetted people to come freely into our country and is even bussing them across the country so they can infect entire groups of new people.

So, don't blame the virus solely on Trump. There is plenty of blame to go around and our new president is making it worse....

Just my .02.....grr
    Just because I'm a Trump hater doesn't mean I necessarily love Biden either. I don't agree with what he's doing with immigration right now, at all

But, it doesn't change my opinion that Trump's downplaying of the virus, his discouraging of wearing masks, his constant insistence that it would all "just go away" and that it was just a tool by the Democrats to hurt his reelection cleared poisoned the minds of the Trump supporters who are not smart enough to listen to science over a politician.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Let's start with your first claim about population density between Michigan and Sweden. That would be 100% true if people were evenly distributed, but they aren't, so it is bullshit.

-Geoff
    LOL, so, population density isn't real?
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Here is a great article about how Ontario had recently ordered a new lockdown, and given police the right to issue tickets and ask you why you weren't at home? It lasted about two days before they had to remove it in Canada because of backlash. But Mike is saying this is the kind of thing Trump should have done.

And I am not even going into how 30% of the US is vaccinated thanks to Trump, while in Canada they are rewriting the science and making old people wait 4 months between shots. Because they don;t have enough. Trump wins again.

-Geoff

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...ash/115714968/
    Actually, what I said was we could have avoided a lockdown if people behaved responsibly. But because the Orange Man said it will all just go away, his supporters chose to ignore science... which is why lockdowns came into the picture.

Most countries around the world have had similar cases and deaths. Was that Trumps fault? I think that this pandemic would have similar outcomes no matter the policies put in place.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-missi...andate-1581451

How is this possible? Which science do we believe?

And for the politics in it, don't let the media fool you on "Trump supporters" being anti-mask. There are a lot of people on both sides that wear them and don't wear them. The last public freak-out over masks that I saw was a middle aged Bernie bro at Costco. I was a couple of people behind him exiting the store as he yelled that the virus is fake, and watched him get into the driver side of a prius covered in Bernie and anti trump bumper stickers.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Most countries around the world have had similar cases and deaths. Was that Trumps fault? I think that this pandemic would have similar outcomes no matter the policies put in place.

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-missi...andate-1581451

How is this possible? Which science do we believe?

And for the politics in it, don't let the media fool you on "Trump supporters" being anti-mask. There are a lot of people on both sides that wear them and don't wear them. The last public freak-out over masks that I saw was a middle aged Bernie bro at Costco. I was a couple of people behind him exiting the store as he yelled that the virus is fake, and watched him get into the driver side of a prius covered in Bernie and anti trump bumper stickers.
    I do not believe I am wrong, that the vast majority of anti-maskers and "fake virus" people are Trump supporters. What you saw was an anomaly. And it was definitely Trump and various Republicans in Congress who pushed the anti-mask agenda as a political point. As I've stated dozens of times.... I'm not a Democrat. But the behavior of the Republican politicians and voters has been an absolute joke about this. I know there are some Republicans who still believe in science, who are behaving responsibly, wearing masks, getting vaccines and doing their part.... but man, there's a lot who are just not.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-vac...140652992.html

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    LOL, so, population density isn't real?
    It's real as a math function. for sure, same as burgers grilled in Michigan divided by the number of bridges. Which is just as meaningless for your argument. But for shits and giggles, by your logic, 29% of Michigan's population would live in the UP based on average population density (people in the state, divided by area of the state. 29% of the area of Michigan is in the UP, by your math, 29% of the people in Michigan live there. Reality is closer to 3% - which is why you are so wrong. Just like in Sweden, 85% of the population lives in cities and towns along it's coast, the amount of square miles of trees is meaningless.

-Geoff

Actually, what I said was we could have avoided a lockdown if people behaved responsibly. But because the Orange Man said it will all just go away, his supporters chose to ignore science... which is why lockdowns came into the picture.
    Dude you should be a writer. This is pure fiction. Are you still drunk from when you wrote the original posts last night?

-Geoff

I do not believe I am wrong, that the vast majority of anti-maskers and "fake virus" people are Trump supporters. What you saw was an anomaly. And it was definitely Trump and various Republicans in Congress who pushed the anti-mask agenda as a political point. As I've stated dozens of times.... I'm not a Democrat. But the behavior of the Republican politicians and voters has been an absolute joke about this. I know there are some Republicans who still believe in science, who are behaving responsibly, wearing masks, getting vaccines and doing their part.... but man, there's a lot who are just not.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/least-vac...140652992.html
    My step-mom lives in Manistee, and she got her first shot six weeks later than I did, even though she is almost 70. Was on the county health department waiting list for 2 months. She is in a Trump county, Whitmer is just not giving them vaccine in the quantities there. That's the reason Trump country isn't getting vaccinated - availability.

Also, remember Joe and Kamala saying they wouldn't take the vaccine? Yea. People remember that.

-Geoff

Dude you should be a writer. This is pure fiction. Are you still drunk from when you wrote the original posts last night?

-Geoff
    Trump didn't say it would just go away? Really? He didn't say that?

Thread Information