Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: All-electric F-150 Lightning

It’s a truck it needs to do truck things. Long camping trips pulling my 5th wheel around Michigan, down south or out west is a requirement. I’d spend the trips charging batteries. Looks like it would handle pulling the car or wood hauler around locally so that good.

Most people don’t use their trucks as “trucks” so I’ll work great as a pavement pounder.
    84 Mustang Coupe

How many people are towing 5th wheels with an F150?
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

I love how all the Libs are on the EV kick because it’s “environmentally friendly” and clean, but ignore the mining process of lithium and cobalt that are required to make these batteries. Came across this interesting article on the mining of cobalt which a majority of it is mined in Congo in Africa. Does Bill Ford know about these kids and what are his thoughts on it?

https://www.raconteur.net/corporate-...-human-rights/

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    Not that many pulling 5th wheels, but MANY pulling 30ft bumper pull travel trailers. It seems like 50% of all tow rigs at campgrounds seem to F-150's.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    You would be surprised how many ECO boost F150s I see pulling 30-35’ light weight 5th wheels. Pin weight is the biggest issue but most people don’t pay attention to that. One time I talked to a guy pulling a 38’ toy hauler. He claimed it pulled fine till he hit the hills around West Branch, I have my doubts.
    84 Mustang Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by YLWFVR View Post
    I love how all the Libs are on the EV kick because it’s “environmentally friendly” and clean, but ignore the mining process of lithium and cobalt that are required to make these batteries. Came across this interesting article on the mining of cobalt which a majority of it is mined in Congo in Africa. Does Bill Ford know about these kids and what are his thoughts on it?

https://www.raconteur.net/corporate-...-human-rights/
    Shut it peasant.....It's for the greater good! Put your mask on and plug in your car. We have a planet to save!

Kidding of course about the peasant part, but thats how I picture these "green" people talking!

Forum Member

Gosh, what will the stupid hillbillies do now since they won't be able to chop off the stock exhaust and replace it with 2 chamber flowmasters.....

Quote Originally Posted by orangejuiced86 View Post
    Shut it peasant.....It's for the greater good! Put your mask on and plug in your car. We have a planet to save!

Kidding of course about the peasant part, but thats how I picture these "green" people talking!
    Hahaha right? We’re just gonna gloss over that part of the process of going the electric route.
    I have few of these green people in the family. they’re truly insufferable

Quote Originally Posted by paul09 View Post
    Gosh, what will the stupid hillbillies do now since they won't be able to chop off the stock exhaust and replace it with 2 chamber flowmasters.....
    I would imagine they will just put a speaker back there and just loop the sounds of a revving engine.

Quote Originally Posted by paul09 View Post
    ask your neighbor
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Thread Information