Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yep, the world has gone insane

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

I will never buy another new vehicle again. Low mileage used for the wife from now on. Older trucks for me.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

A coworker of mine bought his mother the small Toyota SUV, Rav 4 I think. He was looking at 1-2 years old and they were selling for the same a new one was.
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I remember when the Tundra came out (the Texas one) people were driving their quads and snowmobiles across the tailgate, and the tailgates were folding right up and bending. We looked at the tailgate at the Detroit Auto show, and the top half wasn't even spot welded, it was glued with body sealer, with the only welds being down by the hinge. I am not saying that Toyota builds bad stuff, because they build a high level of quality. But they don't get how we use them in the USA, and you get problems like the tailgate. I am sure they learned their lesson now on that issue, but if you have any extreme usage, you are taking a risk, because they might still be learning.

-Geoff

I desperately want to find a used Tundra.The new ones coming out
    will be turbo V6's. I want a 5.7

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gas$ View Post
    I desperately want to find a used Tundra.The new ones coming out
    will be turbo V6's. I want a 5.7
    Color?
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Just like hotels jacking the price 400% for a holiday weekend
    15 Wrangler
    15 RAM v6

Fiat Mopars!

Club Member

Quote Originally Posted by dline View Post
    Just like hotels jacking the price 400% for a holiday weekend
    Again supply and demand.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by moneypit View Post
    Color?
    I prefer light, bright colors.

I removed my teeth on purpose....if you catch my drift Stalker's Avatar

Just sold our 2014 Durango with 84,000 miles on it that looked rough (Wife loves to hold onto her key ring which has about 3000 key rings on it and 2 keys, as she walks down the side of the vehicle. Talk about death by a thousand papercuts. Add to it a 4 year old and 10 year old who believe the inside of a vehicle is their own personal testing ground for how much shit can we just drop and it was really bad) for 22,000. Used the money and bought her an Expedition
    '13 Dodge Charger R/T
    '14 Druango R/T Blacktop Edition

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by 2001-WS6 View Post
    When you close the driver side door of any vehicle pretending to be a truck... it should sound like hitting the sweet spot on you best strike throw in bowling ever. If there is ever any hint of kicking a miller lite or a mich utrla can down the round... it's not a truck. We tried to explain that to the people that were soooo proud to have their Japanese pick up trucks manufactured in Texas at the auto show when there first appeared and they didn't get it. I simply replied with my 2004 has never been on the farm but it has more scares than any vehicle you will ever sell. If you want to hook three of your trucks right now on the street... I'll show you a farm truck. They we're not interested. They still aren't interested. Thanks to Livernois for the dyno graph that stills spooks people, 17 years later. The things we do with the grocery getters when to real toys are in progress. j By the way, 17 years later and the damn Alisson A1000 won't die to justify a new trans.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I remember when the Tundra came out (the Texas one) people were driving their quads and snowmobiles across the tailgate, and the tailgates were folding right up and bending. We looked at the tailgate at the Detroit Auto show, and the top half wasn't even spot welded, it was glued with body sealer, with the only welds being down by the hinge. I am not saying that Toyota builds bad stuff, because they build a high level of quality. But they don't get how we use them in the USA, and you get problems like the tailgate. I am sure they learned their lesson now on that issue, but if you have any extreme usage, you are taking a risk, because they might still be learning.

-Geoff
    I don't have any experience with new Toyotas. But the 80s/90s/2000s Toyotas are built like absolute tanks. Far superior to domestic trucks and SUVs of the era

Watch this and try not to be amazed

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl1FNX08HFc

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUWMc92W1wQ

Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Yy5P6FUes
    Last edited by DetroitStyle; 07-04-2021 at 05:45 AM.
    1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    I don't have any experience with new Toyotas. But the 80s/90s/2000s Toyotas are built like absolute tanks. Far superior to domestic trucks and SUVs of the era

Watch this and try not to be amazed

Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yl1FNX08HFc

Part 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUWMc92W1wQ

Part 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9Yy5P6FUes
    I was hoping this would be the Hilux videos from WD. Imagine how long that thing would last under “normal use”.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Thread Information