Thread: Could you outrun the police? Pay to try...

Forum Member

Default Could you outrun the police? Pay to try...

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_bri...ing-experience

BY ALEX LAUER @ALEXLAUER
    Whether you align your automotive proclivities more with Smokey and the Bandit, Blues Brothers or Fast and the Furious, if you count yourself a fan of any movies that involve police chases, you’ve also probably thought to yourself, “I wonder if I could do that?”

Wonder no more, Memphis. As it turns out, you can pay for the chance to test your driving chops against a real-deal “Police Interceptor” model Dodge Charger. According to Carscoops, the opportunity comes via Trackdays, a company that offers driving experiences out of the U.K., which has a package called Police Pursuit.

“You take on the role of the fugitive, running from the law in a stolen Mazda MX-5 or Porsche Boxster,” the listing reads. “You’re wanted for multiple felonies including aggravated robbery and grand theft auto, and you’ve just been spotted by the Dodge Charger V8 Police Interceptor – do you have what it takes to evade capture and avoid a life behind bars?”

While we’re all for high-speed racing on the safety of a closed course — and even a bit of role play when the mood strikes — do they really need to specify the “aggravated robbery” part? Sounds like someone’s been playing too much Grand Theft Auto. I’ll come up with my own crime, thanks. In fact, I think playing the decoy while a truckload of Coors is being illegally shipped across state lines is just the right amount of rule-breaking for my taste.

If you think I’m being a little prudish, well, I can’t say I don’t love some unhinged Nic Cage in Gone in 60 Seconds. And anyway, if you want to run from the law, better you get that itch out in this scenario than in real life.

For American drivers interested in taking part, Trackdays does say that international drivers licenses are accepted for the experience. Once you’ve got that, the roughly 1.5-hour event includes an introduction covering the basics (safety, racing lines, throttle and braking), testing on the track (in your MX-5 Miata or Boxster) and finally, a 15-minute police pursuit scenario “in which you’ll attempt to escape.”

“If the trailing Police Interceptor gets too close, their searchlight will be trained on you, making arrest and incarceration a certainty,” the listing says.

In other words, it’s like flashlight tag, just way, way more dangerous.

Cool

Just wanted to add a correction, Nicolas Cage is not in the real (1974) Gone in 60 Seconds.

Gone in 60 seconds the original....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D54YqQx448Y

That sounds pretty cool.

They should offer the class with the bad guy in a Hellcat. More realistic these days.

I have several times already, it only costs money if you get caught. :P

That is pretty cool, too bad you get the slow car as a get away car.
    Last edited by ultradriver10000; 08-30-2021 at 08:10 AM.

It takes a lot of the fun out if you're on a pre-determined course or racetrack. If they had an old ghost town to use as freely as most pursuits are it'd be better in my opinion. And the old saying "you can out run the cruiser, but you've got to out drive the radio" still rings in my head to situations like these.
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

You might be able to out run the car but you will never out run the Motorola

(or the chopper)

Thread Information