Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 Lions thread

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    But I would say.. think about this… in your effort to denigrate Stafford… you have ultimately conceded that you need to pull out the big guns. Brady, Rodgers, Mahomes, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your the one who put Matt in the top 5 QB's.. with all those stats he padded up for 12 years, you'd figure he'd at least bring Detroit to a playoff.. (the one they played in was "back-doored")
    Got to admit.. He almost blew it a few times yesterday!
    SAL

Club Member

I don't like football and rarely watch it. But, the wife likes watching the Lions, so I would occasionally watch them with her. A few years ago I noticed Stafford was a very good QB, when he had more than 3 seconds to throw or hand off the ball. Seems the offensive line would spread open like the parting of the seas to allow whomever pass thru and sack Stafford. It was either that, or they were constantly giving up 5 or 10 yards for dumb azz flags, digging a hole so deep that no one could get out of it.

If a non-football fan like me could see the talent in him, I am not sure why 80% of the threads and people who aggressively participate within this thread hated him so much? Now they are jumping on the Stafford bandwagon - There are a few who really, really hated him and you know who you are

Just my .02.....grr

Quote Originally Posted by CMYZ28 View Post
    Lmao. I'm feeling like the playoff games are going to be much more entertaining than the Superbowl.
    I have been thinking the same thing. This weekend was still pretty good, but nothing will beat the 13 second scoring by Mahomes. That is going to be one of those games people reference forever - like the Heidi game, the Chicago fog game, or the immaculate reception.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    Your the one who put Matt in the top 5 QB's.. with all those stats he padded up for 12 years, you'd figure he'd at least bring Detroit to a playoff.. (the one they played in was "back-doored")
    Got to admit.. He almost blew it a few times yesterday!
    Stafford has never had anywhere near the talent around him until now - players and coaches. Troy Aikmen, in the pregame, said for QB play it is going to come down to who doesn't screw up. Stafford still almost blew it but was bailed out by Jaquiski Tartt dropping the ball. Staff made the passes he needed to make though, and Polo couldn't get the job done, ultimately giving away the game under some massive pressure from the Rams to ice it.

I am rooting for Staff in two weeks, that is for sure. Even I have to keep listening to Mike gloat! It will still be worth it!

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Weird… it’s almost like, you know, the same shit I’ve been saying for a decade

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Default 2021-22 Lions thread

Just a reminder… with the game on the line, 4th quarter and either behind or tied….in the last two playoff games, Stafford is a combined 16 for 19, 225 yards, 1 TD and two game winning drives. But “he can’t win games when it counts”

See you next week for the SuperBowl.

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    Just a reminder… with the game on the line, 4th quarter and either behind or tied….in the last two playoff games, Stafford is a combined 16 for 19, 225 yards, 1 TD and two game winning drives. But “he can’t win games when it counts”

See you next week for the SuperBowl.

You forget, if Stafford loses, it's because he is overrated. If he wins, its because a. the other team choked, or b: his teammates won it for him. You can't expect people that have bashed Stafford for years to suddenly admit they were wrong.

Just FYI it can be both the lions organization and Stafford not rising to the occasion in some games. Doesn’t have to be just one or the other.
    1999 Z28. A4. Magnaflow catback and a lid. 60k miles.

Yeah, but pretty odd that the very first year out of Detroit he is in the Super Bowl. If Stafford was the real problem in Detroit, he woudn't be playing next weekend.

1995 Camaro Z28 Convertible
    2021 Dodge Durango Hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by 91trunk View Post
    We have become a country afraid to celebrate our American pride because the immigrants and whiners that complain. We as a nation should embrace our country. Those that don't like it GET THE F*CK OUT!

Thread Information