Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021-22 Lions thread

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitStyle View Post
    See, the thing is, certain people thought that Stafford was the problem and that the Lions were better off trading him or drafting another QB (because that’s so easy). As of now, with a real team around him, he’s playing better than anybody in the league

And yes, the playoff road looks tough, but we shall see.

BTW… Goff put up 20 and 22 TD passes under center for this Rams team the past 2 years. Stafford is already at 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see what you are saying - and I am definitely one of the people who thought it was a good trade. Not because Stafford sucks, because the Lion's have such an utter lack of talent on the team that keeping Staff would be a waste when you can convert him into high draft picks.

As much as you argue against him being Pad Statford, though, unless he wins the Super Bowl, you are going to cement him as Pad Statford. It is pulling off big wins that cements a QB as legendary. Pulling out a win to make the Lions 0-7 hardly qualifies in that respect. And looking at how many times the Lions flat out embarrassed the Rams - two successful fake punts, onside kick recovery, screen pass for a touchdown - I think LA has a lot of work to do if they want to compete at a playoff level against a REAL team (Stafford is 1-1 remember?). Stafford is unproven in that respect.

Stafford had a good game, but he was helped by a phantom pass interference call to keep one of the early scoring drives alive. He did make the drives at the end that counted though. I remember like five or six years ago, Stafford had a talent for pulling off close games. So maybe he has it in him? But saying he does just because he can look like a rock-star against the Lion's is a stretch.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Speaking of the Goat... why would that fan give back the football to Brady! That was a half million dollar ball!
    All that guy got in exchange was a signed ball and jersey and a $1000 gift card to a sports shop
    SAL

Rams have beat one team above 500 (they have only played 2)

their next 10 games have 5 opponents above 500
    To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?" You can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

Posting WHATEVER THE FUCK I WANT in the Pub

Quote Originally Posted by Wizeguy View Post
    Speaking of the Goat... why would that fan give back the football to Brady! That was a half million dollar ball!
    All that guy got in exchange was a signed ball and jersey and a $1000 gift card to a sports shop
    Technically it is NFL property… if he refused, security can just come and get it.

But yeah, I think TB12 could have done a little better there

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I see what you are saying - and I am definitely one of the people who thought it was a good trade. Not because Stafford sucks, because the Lion's have such an utter lack of talent on the team that keeping Staff would be a waste when you can convert him into high draft picks.

As much as you argue against him being Pad Statford, though, unless he wins the Super Bowl, you are going to cement him as Pad Statford. It is pulling off big wins that cements a QB as legendary. Pulling out a win to make the Lions 0-7 hardly qualifies in that respect. And looking at how many times the Lions flat out embarrassed the Rams - two successful fake punts, onside kick recovery, screen pass for a touchdown - I think LA has a lot of work to do if they want to compete at a playoff level against a REAL team (Stafford is 1-1 remember?). Stafford is unproven in that respect.

Stafford had a good game, but he was helped by a phantom pass interference call to keep one of the early scoring drives alive. He did make the drives at the end that counted though. I remember like five or six years ago, Stafford had a talent for pulling off close games. So maybe he has it in him? But saying he does just because he can look like a rock-star against the Lion's is a stretch.

-Geoff
    I am totally fine with the trade. He was wasted here.

And, I agree the Lions exposed some flaws on the Rams. Better to find those holes now and patch them early.

1994 Yamaha YZF-750R / 1993 Honda CBR900RR / 1991 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1992 Kawasaki ZX-7R / 1993 Kawasaki ZX-7 / 1989 Suzuki GSXR-750

LOLions losing 38-0
    Rams winning 38-0

Eagles Defense is killing it for me today in Fantasy

I don't even see any games left on the schedule that the Lion's can win on paper. And what was up with Goff throwing the ball away on 4th down AGAIN. Seriously, let me take a snap at QB - at least I would give the crappy receivers a chance to make a play.

What about that guy from Detroit who looked like Sideshow Bob, beat up the security guard, and lost his MSU scholarship. Didn't he take Ferris to the Division 2 championship? Where is he at? How about Kaepernick? I'm ready to try anything (short of wishing we still had Stafford, because we would still suck, just not 0-17 suck).

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    I don't even see any games left on the schedule that the Lion's can win on paper. And what was up with Goff throwing the ball away on 4th down AGAIN. Seriously, let me take a snap at QB - at least I would give the crappy receivers a chance to make a play.

What about that guy from Detroit who looked like Sideshow Bob, beat up the security guard, and lost his MSU scholarship. Didn't he take Ferris to the Division 2 championship? Where is he at? How about Kaepernick? I'm ready to try anything (short of wishing we still had Stafford, because we would still suck, just not 0-17 suck).

-Geoff
    According to others in this thread, this is the time that less than elite Lions QBs should be racking up garbage time numbers and “padding their stats.”

Friendly reminder, the Lions have lost 15 straight games since they have been without Pad Statford

Thread Information