Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any good automotive content on Amazon Prime?

Watch The Boys on Prime. Everything else sucks. Jack Ryan 2 seasons is pretty good too. Car stuff all is mediocre at best.
    Rick
    1993 Mustang LX Coupe

LouderMilk is good also. The Boys is great, very dark.

Automotive content in general on t.v. is not watchable for me. It's all staged with a bunch of unnecessary drama. Better off of to just cruise YouTube for that.

Quote Originally Posted by orangejuiced86 View Post
    Automotive content in general on t.v. is not watchable for me. It's all staged with a bunch of unnecessary drama. Better off of to just cruise YouTube for that.
    Been watching the Roadkill stuff on Motortrend. That stuff seems pretty legit to me - I think it started off as a youtube show with almost no budget at all. Two guys building old cars in a crappy old shop, then going out and doing burnouts in Wine Country CA. Hardly any mention of suppliers and sponsors other than the occasional "This thing is awesome" that they got from Summit.

But I agree, most of the shows on TV now look like "The Price is Right" showcasing all the products on a carpeted counter before they put them in. I can't watch that.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    The Grand Tour is definitely good. I highly recommend the Beach Buggy Boys episodes in season 1.
    Thanks

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Been watching the Roadkill stuff on Motortrend. That stuff seems pretty legit to me - I think it started off as a youtube show with almost no budget at all. Two guys building old cars in a crappy old shop, then going out and doing burnouts in Wine Country CA. Hardly any mention of suppliers and sponsors other than the occasional "This thing is awesome" that they got from Summit.

But I agree, most of the shows on TV now look like "The Price is Right" showcasing all the products on a carpeted counter before they put them in. I can't watch that.

-Geoff
    Roadkill was better on YouTube. Soon as they got a Dodge sponsorship it went downhill, I got a MT subscription just for it then cancelled because it wasn't nearly the same show.

As others have said, the Automotive content on TV/Streaming services is pretty subpar. I get that they've got to fit a large demographic from kids just getting into cars and barely able to change oil, to a seasoned gearhead that has a plethora of knowledge already in their head. But still it's all pretty shitty anymore. Back before PowerNation had a name and was just HotRod, Trucks, Extreme 4x4 and there was another I don't remember the name of. They had decent content, but even still un-realistic for most folks. And since then has gone down the drain as well.
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Thanks guys. Looking for stuff to watch at work when its quiet. This new job has a ton of down time.

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

Thread Information