Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is proper etiquette when applying for a job or jobs?

YES my shit is slow and NO you can't drive it!

Quote Originally Posted by AutoRoc View Post
    Tell them you want 2 positions and 2 paychecks. Bam.
    Problem solved! Lol

Did the wizard ever get back to you about that brain?????

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteHawk View Post
    Thre short paragraphs in cover letter. Make sure it is under one page. About a half page to two-thirds is about right.

-1st hello my name is... a little background on you. Keep it to two or three sentences though.
    -2nd I am applying for... here is where you put the meat, so go a little longer if you need too. If you are applying for one job, state that, and add "But I am open for any opportunity you think would be a good fit" or something and even list them. Put why you are qualified for the jobs in here too while trying to sound humble.
    -3rd Thank you.... Keep this two or three sentences. Look forward to discussing further.... etc.

Good luck!

-Geoff
    Third this motion.

Try to tie the cover letter to your resume and making it sound like it directly applies to what you read in the position. Try to match some words that have two syllables or more between the posting requirements and the content in your resume.

Your goal is to get a useful human to your resume so they can decide whether they want to talk to you.

Most places are desperate right now. They're just looking for a skill that proves that you have the aptitude to learn what they need.

I will add that you should do some research on the company before you go into any interviews so you can ask questions that pertain to the company as a whole not just about the position that you’re applying for.

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    Third this motion.

Try to tie the cover letter to your resume and making it sound like it directly applies to what you read in the position. Try to match some words that have two syllables or more between the posting requirements and the content in your resume.

Your goal is to get a useful human to your resume so they can decide whether they want to talk to you.

Most places are desperate right now. They're just looking for a skill that proves that you have the aptitude to learn what they need.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by wickettoby1 View Post
    I will add that you should do some research on the company before you go into any interviews so you can ask questions that pertain to the company as a whole not just about the position that you’re applying for.
    Thank you

Any contacts or ties from friends at the company thru linkedin? Your okay applying to 2 or 3 different jobs within the company but more than that the company will think your "shotgunning" and just applying to everything. See if you can get a little closer thru linkedin or contacts there. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Electriccobra View Post
    Any contacts or ties from friends at the company thru linkedin? Your okay applying to 2 or 3 different jobs within the company but more than that the company will think your "shotgunning" and just applying to everything. See if you can get a little closer thru linkedin or contacts there. Good luck.
    No contacts there unfortunately. Thanks

My company recently had a good candidate for a management position and walked him out after he could not answer a simple question about the company it self. In the office they were interviewing in has a 10’ banner stating the answer...
    You might not feel it but sure as hell act it

Quote Originally Posted by lone racer View Post
    My company recently had a good candidate for a management position and walked him out after he could not answer a simple question about the company it self. In the office they were interviewing in has a 10’ banner stating the answer...
    Ouch

Thread Information