Thread: GM Friends & Family

Default GM Friends & Family

Well, my niece is picking up a new car today. Anyone get me friends and family?
    -Andy

1986 Buick GN Its just a V6
    1989 Mustang LS turbo project
    2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Never mind. Got one.
    -Andy

2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

What’s the difference between gm family and friend discount and a regular gm employee discount. Can the average joe get either one?

Quote Originally Posted by horsestang86 View Post
    What’s the difference between gm family and friend discount and a regular gm employee discount. Can the average joe get either one?
    Employee is only for the employee or immediate family. They've gotten very strict on who is eligible for it. If it's given to people who don't qualify employees can lose their discount privilege or even their job.

Friends and family is for anyone else.
    -Andy

2020 Silverado
    2009 CTS-V

Forum Member

Friends and family is basically the same as Supplier Discount... but with a different name, last I recalled.

TBH, Employee discount is not much better... maybe 1-3% depending on the model. And even then, GM usually offers "Employee Pricing for Everyone" a few times a year, so the employee perk/exclusivity is pretty much a joke to begin with. That said, until the parts shortage issues reside, I'd bet GM holds on offering EDfE until things get back to normal supply chain wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Killjoy View Post
    Friends and family is basically the same as Supplier Discount... but with a different name, last I recalled.

TBH, Employee discount is not much better... maybe 1-3% depending on the model. And even then, GM usually offers "Employee Pricing for Everyone" a few times a year, so the employee perk/exclusivity is pretty much a joke to begin with. That said, until the parts shortage issues reside, I'd bet GM holds on offering EDfE until things get back to normal supply chain wise.
    They balance that out by giving employees "Appreciation Certificates" good for $1000 or more depending on the vehicle, and they can only be used personally, and you only get one one every couple years. The employee discount on a 2022 Camaro 2SS Convertible I was looking at takes the price from $56k down to $50k or so, then you get the certificate on top of that.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

Thread Information