Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Water winter wonderland plate coming back!

I ordered one of the new plates for my truck. I think I'm finally going to get a plate cover and put some 850nm IR lights inside of it. It creeps me out that people are driving around with license plate recognition software to track cars *for fun*.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    I ordered one of the new plates for my truck. I think I'm finally going to get a plate cover and put some 850nm IR lights inside of it. It creeps me out that people are driving around with license plate recognition software to track cars *for fun*.
    Wait, what??? I need to go look this up now...

Quote Originally Posted by wrath View Post
    The License plate readers the state has on the I routes can read any plate, in state or out of state. Stay off the I, US routes and Mackinac bridge and you won't have to worry. This isn't anything new, they have been using them for about 10 years now

https://www.mlive.com/politics/2013/...te_licens.html

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by H.O. Driver View Post
    The License plate readers the state has on the I routes can read any plate, in state or out of state. Stay off the I, US routes and Mackinac bridge and you won't have to worry. This isn't anything new, they have been using them for about 10 years now

https://www.mlive.com/politics/2013/...te_licens.html

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    The police state doesn't bother me as much. Everything you do is monitored by the state. I mean, they spend millions of dollars to automate parking ticket creation so someone just has to drive around and scan your plate.

But what I'm talking about is private business scanning plates to track car whereabouts. If your plate is issued to a human they can be reasonable certain it's you or someone from your household that's driving it. This can be used for all sorts of things, mostly not to your benefit.

Thread Information