Thread: 1.7 million dollars in stolen cars recovered

Forum Member

Default 1.7 million dollars in stolen cars recovered

https://www.motorious.com/articles/n...p-stolen-cars/

Atlanta Cop Has Recovered $1.7 Million In Stolen Cars

Good job, officer!
    Car thieves suck, but thankfully there’s a police officer in Atlanta who’s taking a huge bite out of crime. Terry Holmer has recovered a whopping $1.7 million in stolen cars just since the beginning of April of this year. That’s amazing, but it also indicates just how bad the problem of car theft has become in Atlanta as well as other cities.

Just like with many things, competition has brought out the best in Holmer. According to his superiors, he and Officer Ricardo Jones have a friendly competition going. Jones has a knack for finding drugs and guns, while Holmer can sniff out stolen cars.

If you’re wondering, $1.7 million equals 37 stolen cars recovered by Holmer. Many of those are expensive vehicles, so that’s how it totals to so much. It seems the officer has a nose for sniffing out boosted rides, saying finding them makes him “excited” since he’s “able to help someone recover their vehicle they might have lost.”

As the lead for the department’s Zone 5 tactical traffic unit, Holmer gets plenty of opportunities to locate stolen cars in Atlanta. The department even sent him to some specialized training, plus his superiors say he puts in time looking for vehicles even when he’s not on the clock.

Holmer says he can just sense when a car is stolen, thanks to certain “red flags” he won’t elaborate on for obvious reasons. The man is also very good at uncovering when VIN tags have been altered, even if the alterations have been done expertly.

We’ve covered the topic of increased car theft for some time. If you drive something collectable and therefore valuable, you can be at greater risk of being a target. There are a number of steps you can take to protect your ride, like using a Faraday cage for your keys if it has keyless entry, parking in a secured garage at night, installing an alarm which notifies your phone when tripped, and using a GPS locator in the event it is stolen.

Club Member

Food for thought.....

It has been documented many, many times that when either law enforcement, fire fighters, dog handlers and even private citizens are especially adept at finding a particular type of crime, they are often involved with that crime...

Just sayin.........

If the thieves ever steal one of my cars I hope its not recovered....I don't want it back.

I want the buy out and let me move on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post
    If the thieves ever steal one of my cars I hope its not recovered....I don't want it back.

A co-worker had his red Camaro stolen and used to run drugs from Saginaw to Detroit and back. Maybe they took it because the mileage with the V-6 was pretty good, but you would think they would have stolen a more sedate vehicle. Insurance offered him a certain amount per mile it was driven, bujt he didn't want the car back either.

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post

In todays market, I don't blame you. You're likely to get more than you originally paid for it.

I'm fairly confident that article was written by someone with a severe head injury or some other cognitive impairment.
    My two cents is to have an agreed value insurance policy and let the cards fall where they may.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Thread Information