Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coyote tuners

Default Coyote tuners

Can anyone recommend a good kenne bell charged coyote tuner for a friend. Apparently Lidio will only do whipple cars. Not sure why but the email said he won’t touch modern 5.0 with anything other than a whipple.

Quote Originally Posted by BrainFearGone View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good kenne bell charged coyote tuner for a friend. Apparently Lidio will only do whipple cars. Not sure why but the email said he won’t touch modern 5.0 with anything other than a whipple.
    It's crazy how picky he is with things he works on, and how busy they stay

I just don’t understand that he will do a whipple but not another roots style blower.

Elected Club Official

I just don’t understand that he will do a whipple but not another roots style blower.
    It's possible he has a tune that's already ready for a whipple and not another blower, I'm sure the differences are minimal but may not have the time/availability to update it.

Checked with Livernois already?

I think in one of Joanna vids or somewhere they didn’t like them due to heat soak or something like that
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Not the first time I've heard of someone being picky about specific brand parts to tune. Which I find strange. I get not wanting to waste time on a bunch of issues with wish.com parts. But if it's a solid build, then why turn away a customer because they have a different brand part? Not like they're sponsored and have a clause keeping them from working with other brands. I'd definitely check with Livernois, last I knew they were only picky about high mileage for obvious reasons. No one wants to scatter a 200k mile motor on the dyno.
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

Quote Originally Posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    I think in one of Joanna vids or somewhere they didn’t like them due to heat soak or something like that

How many followers she have? Maybe it is a sponsorship thing. Idk I’m just speculating because it doesn’t make a lot of sense.

I see truck tuners that won't touch the roush blower. It heat soaks after 1 pull, etc. Good luck!
    Denny Villemure
    PSSSSSSST!
    Vortec 4200 Turbo IROC-Z on 15psi
    10.85 @ 126mph

It might be that he just does not like the performance of that blower and he doesn't want to have to explain it to the customer when the expectations aren't met and the customer isnt happy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fstfox View Post
    Not the first time I've heard of someone being picky about specific brand parts to tune. Which I find strange. I get not wanting to waste time on a bunch of issues with wish.com parts. But if it's a solid build, then why turn away a customer because they have a different brand part? Not like they're sponsored and have a clause keeping them from working with other brands. I'd definitely check with Livernois, last I knew they were only picky about high mileage for obvious reasons. No one wants to scatter a 200k mile motor on the dyno.
    I honestly don't find it strange at all. If he stays busy building cars with the parts he is comfortable with and believes in then why bother dealing with other products that will possibly bring in more headaches.

Thread Information