Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gas pressure washer - any recommendations?

Default Gas pressure washer - any recommendations?

Looking for a gas powered unit for use around the home. I just purchased a rental house I’ll need to use it a lot on. Leaning towards a generic or wearing house unit. Anything special I should be on the lookout for before snagging one from hd?

When I was researching before buying one last year I went with this Generac on Amazon (was easier than finding it locally at a store at the time).

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's always started easily, usually within 2-3 pulls. The pressure select on the wand is nice to go to a lower pressure on the fly. My one negative review is the hose hanger "hook" isn't that great. It's a bit of a dumb task to get it rolled up on the hook correctly so it is short enough to not get caught by the tires when you roll it into storage.
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

I got mine at Costco like 15 years ago. Still starts on the first pull (Honda engine). I would see what they have, probably pretty decent and affordable.

-Geoff
    2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS

This one at costco is pretty decent looking for the money.

3200psi & 2.5G for $280 2y warranty MADE IN CHINA

https://www.costco.com/husqvarna-320...100849065.html

I was also thinking about this Westinghouse at Home depot. I could have my dad buy it and use his 10% off to make is ~$270 which kind of makes this the winner to me.

3200PSI & 2.5g for $294 3y warranty MADE IN CHINA

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Westingh...3200/310323685

A little cheaper on amazon @ $241
    https://www.amazon.com/Westinghouse-...31&sr=8-6&th=1

The Generac is about $100 more. MADE IN THE USA

2900psi & 2.4G for $379 2y warranty

https://www.amazon.com/Generac-7899-...s%2C201&sr=8-1

I think this might be the winner, directly from Generac. Ordered one with the second story nozzle kit $335 shipped to the house.

3100psi & 2.4g for $299 2y warranty

https://www.generacpowerproducts.com...her/p/G0079011
    Last edited by ultradriver10000; 05-03-2022 at 07:54 AM.

I have a Generac that I bought 6 years or so ago, works great. My stepdad bought one of the Generac’s with the push button start a few years ago, GIANT POS DO NOT BUY!!!

My mom just told me that my step dads Generac now has a recall pending for the non functional push button start. As i said previously DO NOT BUY!!!!
    Last edited by wickettoby1; 05-05-2022 at 10:30 PM.

Arrow

I was just at my neighbors place, he has a 4,000 PSI 4 GPM
    Generac he's going to be selling. It was used 1 time, truly
    like new.

Club Member

Not sure how you guys have all been so lucky with your Generac's. Mine has been quite unreliable. To the point it needs fixed again and can't bring myself to even bother with it again for how little I use it. Its been sitting untouched for probably 2 years.

I have two carbs for it because I was having to rotate between them every year. Initially I took the blame as I forgot to run all the gas out of it before storing it for the winter one year. Since then I have done everything properly and still have issues. Now it has no spark. It may have a total of 15 hours of run time on it. I personally would never buy another Generac based on my experience.

I will say when it actually runs, it works very well.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by 2QuickZ's View Post
    Not sure how you guys have all been so lucky with your Generac's. Mine has been quite unreliable. To the point it needs fixed again and can't bring myself to even bother with it again for how little I use it. Its been sitting untouched for probably 2 years.

I have two carbs for it because I was having to rotate between them every year. Initially I took the blame as I forgot to run all the gas out of it before storing it for the winter one year. Since then I have done everything properly and still have issues. Now it has no spark. It may have a total of 15 hours of run time on it. I personally would never buy another Generac based on my experience.

I think it’s like a lot of things that are built these days, there are good models or years and bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by 2QuickZ's View Post

That's odd. I just got mine out for the 3rd time this year. Never drained the gas for winter. I stored it in my shed all winter. Also, I ran out of gas on it today, was too lazy to run up to the station to refill my can. So I filled it with 80:1 2 stroke 110 octane, fired up 3rd pull and ran like usual the rest of the time I was using it.
    -Ryan-

91 Slow'noma - 14 Cruze Diesel - 16 Ram 1500 Limited
    16 KTM 1290 SuperDuke R - 18 GasGas TXT300GP

I bought a Subaru powerwasher 12 yeaes ago, use it MAYBE once a year. I never drain the fuel and it starts on the 1st or 2nd pull everytime I have used it.

Thread Information