Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: You are liable for your car even at the dealership for service

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Gearbox View Post
    Years ago a friend of mine was running for office, came to my work seeking donations to his campaign. At the time, I asked him how come the legislature cannot write new legislation and get our auto insurance under control as at the time Mich was by far the most expensive. He kinda chuckled and said he did his volunteer college internship at the State Capital. He said a little know fact that just about every lawmaker in MI also works for the insurance industry. He said insurance companies seek them out and hire them as consultants, or donate heavily to their campaigns. He said none of them are going to shoot themselves in the foot. Not sure how true that is today, but it sure seems like it.
    you know Gov whitmer's father was the CEO of BCBSM. her entire campaign was funded by insurers.
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit Gearbox View Post
    This last batch of Michigan auto laws that took effect is a total cluster fuck. You can tell the insurance industry wrote the laws.
    Currently dealing with insurance/hospitable invoices, keep getting different answers from the insurance company/s.. liability keeps getting switched.
    IT was supposed to clear up a lot of the fraud. every single one of the cases I work on has some level of fraud.

Michael Angelo "allegedly" ran a lot of the suspect facilities:

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/opera...and-wire-fraud

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...crash-victims/

until last year, when an Automobile accident claimant submitted medical bills to an auto insurer, the amount was reimbursed at a "reasonable amount". Let me give you an example.
    If you have BCBSM and get a MRI, that MRI is reimbursed by BCBSM at around $750.00,. regardless what the medical facility billed. They could bill $1,000.00 or $10,000.00, but if BCBSM had to pay, the MRI facility would accept as payment in full $750.00. this is because BCBSM had a fee schedule, so does Worker's comp, Medicaid, medicare etc.
    However that same MRI submitted to an auto insurer would likely be reimbursed at $3,500.00, because it is a "reasonable amount" and there was no fee scheduled. Insurers would rather pay a little more to get rid of the case then spend $10k to go to trial and then still have to pay some amount.
    Starting July 1, 2021, (there are exception) but the standard fees schedule is 200% the medicare (CS) reimbursement rate. So for that same MRI, Medicare might only pay $500.00. so 200% of the $500.00 is $1,000.00. which is much better than the $3500.00 the insurer was previously paying
    ---------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Christensen (PINKS)
    If you want to represent imports, don't ask for 20 cars
    Fun toys: his '99 Ford Lightning, hers '66 Mustang Coupe, quads, jet skis

Maybe the end of the story? Sounds like the Jeep dealer paid and the owner is off the hook. Headline says that but not really mentioned in the story. All around bad deal. Hard to imagine going into work at a reasonably safe job and this happens.

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0gJmS...ng=en_US&s=i16

I Drag Race Because It's Fun, Not Because I'm Good At It.

Thread Information